CurlTalk

Consistency of Lustrasilk

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
I am thinking I might have gotten a bad tub of this - what is the consistency of yours???

Mine is quite thin and it almost looks like it separated at one point.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    If it froze it might have lost it's creamy texture that's what happened to mine. I tried to save it and it still worked pretty well, but when I compared it to a non-frozen tub I could tell the difference. Can you return it? It should look like a thick hand cream.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    That is what I thought it should look like. The store where I bought it from was in the bad area during the December ice storm and I bet their stuff froze when they lost power. They only had 2 tubs so I am wondering if the other one is the same. For $2.89 it's probably not worth the drive back. I will use it and the next time I am near a Sally's I will pick up another one.

It seemed to work...much less of the frizziness/flyaway stuff today but I also used the hoitytoity firm gel today over it...I think I really like that stuff too! Overall it was a good new product day.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users
    My Olive Oil one is more like a wet-ish hand cream, whereas my Shea and Mango is more of a thicker, snottier, pumpkin puree sort of thing, LOL! Sounds like you did get a funky tub, but you're right - at $3, it's no tragedy! :D

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    My Shea and Mango was a bit separated too. I just used a small wire whisk to whip it back together and it is creamy and perfect now.
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    My Shea and Mango was a bit separated too. I just used a small wire whisk to whip it back together and it is creamy and perfect now.

I tried that. I nuked it for about 20 seconds and then whisked it but to no avail. I will just pick up another one at some point.
    Central Massachusetts

Yep-I compared consistency yesterday and mine is yucky. So of course, instead of picking up a new tub of the olive oil one - I got the shea one. Not sure why - but I just did.
    Central Massachusetts