Has anyone tried MAC's longwearing lipstick?

DocDoc Posts: 367Registered Users
And if so, how does it compare to the drugstore brands such as Revlon's colorstay and the Covergirl brand.

I can't use the drugstore brands because althouth they do last, they're so drying to my lips, and they break me out around my mouth.

I was hoping MAC's brand would be more moisturizing (the makeup consultant said they were) but before making the investment, I'd thought I'd ask you all first.

Thanks in advance for the replies :D
Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Chanel's is the absolute BEST! I am on my second tube. There is absolutely no comparison between Chanel and Revlon.

I haven't tried MAC's, so I can't help you there. I have tried Stila's indelible pen product, and it's not as good as Chanel.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • DocDoc Posts: 367Registered Users
    mrspoppers thank you for the reply :D
    Sounds like you're really pleased with Chanel
    I'll have to seriously consider trying it.
    I haven't tried Chanel products before, but they have a good reputation for quality high end cosmetics.
    One more question if you don't mind, How much did the lipstick cost? I'm on a budget and so the price won't keep me from buying it, but like with MAC, I'll have to budget for my splurge :lol:
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote:
    Chanel's is the absolute BEST! I am on my second tube. There is absolutely no comparison between Chanel and Revlon.

I haven't tried MAC's, so I can't help you there. I have tried Stila's indelible pen product, and it's not as good as Chanel.

What is the name of the formula? Is it the one with the lipgloss on one end and the color applicator on the other? If thats the one, I have it and it really works great!
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i find ALL the long-wearing lipstick formulas to be drying.

and they don't have the wide range of colours i like.

if you need long-wearing for a special occasion like a wedding or prom, get Benefit's She-Lac and put it over your lippie. the best part is that you get the colour you want and you can share it with your friends/wedding party!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Chanel's formula really isn't drying, Rou. It's different from the others because it doesn't coat your lips so much. And the color changes with what gloss you put over it. CJC, it is the one with the gloss on the other end. I use other glosses with it as well if I want to change the color up.

I think it's $24 at the store, but I found some on ebay for $18 including shipping. There was a department store cosmetics liquidation and they had all the colors.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file