Need Dallas Salon Deva Stylist

KaliShantiKaliShanti Posts: 27Registered Users
Anyone recommend a Deva stylist in the Dallas area? I heard good things about a The Styling Hutch in Plano, but then I heard the Ouidad cut isn't good for curlies??
3a?; very fine
Started CG 4.1.2010
Growing it out; would love waist length, but my hair grows slowly.
http://public.fotki.com/KaliShanti
password:hair

Comments

  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Anthony at Norwood and Company in Arlington did a great job on my hair. I don't know that he's "Deva" trained, but he did a dry curly cut on myself and my 2C sister and was really friendly and well-informed on the care and maintence of curly heads :)

    Very affordable too. About$45-50 for a cut and style.

    you can check out their website at: http://www.norwoodandcompany.com/
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • KaliShantiKaliShanti Posts: 27Registered Users
    Well I sure love your hair (gorgeous!) so I might give him a call although that is very far away from me (at least an hour and 20 minutes).
    3a?; very fine
    Started CG 4.1.2010
    Growing it out; would love waist length, but my hair grows slowly.
    http://public.fotki.com/KaliShanti
    password:hair
  • SpunGoldSpunGold Posts: 454Registered Users
    Hi Kali,

    As far as I know, there aren't any Deva Concept Stylists in the Dallas area. However, if you're dead set on finding someone who has trained with the Devacurl techniques, you might try the Deva Retailer search here and call every salon listed (skipping all the Ulta locations of course) and see if they have anyone on staff who has trained with the Deva method. (If you decide to try this method, let us know what you come up with!)

    I use Valdeh, who used to be at the Styling Hutch and is now out on his own. He's trained with Deva but seems to definitely prefer the Ouidad method, although the majority of his projects are silicone and sulfate free. He does regular cuts on me, and I'm happy with how conservative he is with the scissors.

    Hope you find what you're looking for!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Location: Frisco, TX

    Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    KaliShanti wrote: »
    Well I sure love your hair (gorgeous!) so I might give him a call although that is very far away from me (at least an hour and 20 minutes).

    aawww, you're sweet!

    Yeah, it was a bit of a drive for me (though my sister goes to school in Arlington, so I had a reason to be out there, at least). Worth it in the long run, IMO, but i can totally see how it'd be too far for someone. Whereabouts are you coming from?
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • KaliShantiKaliShanti Posts: 27Registered Users
    SpunGold wrote: »
    Hi Kali,

    As far as I know, there aren't any Deva Concept Stylists in the Dallas area. However, if you're dead set on finding someone who has trained with the Devacurl techniques, you might try the Deva Retailer search here and call every salon listed (skipping all the Ulta locations of course) and see if they have anyone on staff who has trained with the Deva method. (If you decide to try this method, let us know what you come up with!)

    I use Valdeh, who used to be at the Styling Hutch and is now out on his own. He's trained with Deva but seems to definitely prefer the Ouidad method, although the majority of his projects are silicone and sulfate free. He does regular cuts on me, and I'm happy with how conservative he is with the scissors.

    Hope you find what you're looking for!

    Thanks! Can you share his contact info with me and where he works? Will he just do trims/shaping too as I think I want to try growing me hair long.
    3a?; very fine
    Started CG 4.1.2010
    Growing it out; would love waist length, but my hair grows slowly.
    http://public.fotki.com/KaliShanti
    password:hair
  • SpunGoldSpunGold Posts: 454Registered Users
    KaliShanti wrote: »
    Thanks! Can you share his contact info with me and where he works? Will he just do trims/shaping too as I think I want to try growing me hair long.

    He's in a suite of salons called Legacy Salons in Plano at Coit & Legacy. It's across the street from the Styling Hutch. Everything you need to know is at www.valdeh.com

    BTW here's a summary of my most recent haircut experience, back in September. I'm planning to go back for a dusting in March.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Location: Frisco, TX

    Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file