CurlTalk

condish questions

what are some good CG condishes I can get at a drugstore?
how can condish be used as leave in?
thanks!

Comments

• xxmisschrisxxxxmisschrisxx Posts: 223Registered Users
    suave naturals
    V05
    white rain
    loreal vive pro nutri gloss. (LVPNG)

most all of their conditioners are CG, but check ALWAYS just in case! :D
    also, if they have it, burts bees has some conditioners. i just got the super shiny sugar pomagranate...something like that.
    --xxmisschrisxx
    3a since going CG!
    CG on 10/12/08. free of cones, sulfates, and shampoo! added shampoo bars 1/80/09.
    using:
    shampoo bars (wind blossom)
    condish - burts bees super shiny
    styling - confused and running out of products. TRYING LOOB!
    trying: tweek...barely.
    WAITING to try: Melting Gel...resisting the urge to become a PJ...kind of...
    Dislikes: molasses and CK :( so unfortunately...
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »
    thanks!

This is a little old but still has a very well put together list
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthycurls.awardspace.com%2Fcone-free.html" class="Popup

At the risk of sounding obvious, the way to use conditioner as a leave in is to leave it in! ;) You just don't rinse all of it out (hence, some gets left in)
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    thanks!

This is a little old but still has a very well put together list
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthycurls.awardspace.com%2Fcone-free.html" class="Popup

At the risk of sounding obvious, the way to use conditioner as a leave in is to leave it in! ;) You just don't rinse all of it out (hence, some gets left in)

thats what I thought about leave in. Is thick or thin condish better as leave it?

also, which drugstore condish are better for co-wash and which for normal condishing?
    thanks!
  • susieQ730susieQ730 Posts: 97Registered Users
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    thats what I thought about leave in. Is thick or thin condish better as leave it?

also, which drugstore condish are better for co-wash and which for normal condishing?
    thanks!

I have 3a fine hair but lots of it, so for me using the VO5 & sauve conditioners works well as co-wash and sometimes as a leave-in. VO5 & Sauve aren't condtioning enough during the winter months for me. I use thicker, creamier conditioners like LPVNG, Biolage Condtioning Balm, nature's gate or KKKT for conditioning. My hair needs lots of moisture. Sometimes I used the thicker conditioners and water them down for a leave-in. I think it all depends on what you hair likes and can tolerate. Giovanni Direct Leave-In is another great leave-in and easily found in drugstores or Target. You just have to play around with a few to find out what your hair likes.
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
  • LouisianaLeighLouisianaLeigh Posts: 211Registered Users
    lighter conditioners are generally better for co-washing (suave naturals, vo5, white rain, etc.)

thicker/more moisturizing conditioners are generally better for rinse out/leave ins/combo of the two.

there are 2 ways to leave in regular condish. the first is to just not rinse out all of your "rinse-out" condish (you always rinse out all of your co-wash, as that has the dirt and stuff that was on your hair). the second is to either just co-wash and use a leave-in (no rinse-out) or to use a rinse-out AND a separate leave-in. and in that case, you just put the chosen condish in your hair after you're out of the shower and leave it in. even if it's not billed as a leave-in, it should be fine.

another drugstore condish that is very moisturizing is BioInfusion Conditioning Balm (Walgreen's knock-off of Biolage).
    wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
    embracing the waves since 10/20/08
    my hair loves protein and hates jojoba oil, my scalp hates propylene glycol, my face hates silicones.
    any good thick drugstore condishes?
  • susieQ730susieQ730 Posts: 97Registered Users

Like LouisianaLeigh said: BioInfusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm...$7.99 for 8.5 ounces, or $14.99 for 16.9 ounces. It's Walgreen's brand. To me it smells just like Biolage Conditioning Balm and at a much better price, works the same as far as I'm concerned. I don't use much, maybe a nickle size amount. So it goes a long way! Sally's makes a knock-off as well.
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    *bump*