Contacts and eye makeup

curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi, guys! I've been wearing contacts for about, oh, 7 or 8 months now. I've come to realize that my makeup may be flaking into my eyes. I only really use eye makeup, and I'm thinking it's maybe the mascara. It makes my eyes really itchy.

What types of makeup are good for contacts? Any tips from contact wearers for me? p-p-p-p-pleeeaasssee??
I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
I'm a product junkie. <3

Comments

• sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have problems with flaking mascara irritating my contacts too. I have found that Almay mascara does not do this. I have used two kinds from them - One Coat which is in a white tube and the other one I cannot remember the name (Bright Eyes???) but it is in a lavender tube. The last one has tiny bits of glitter in it that I worried would flake off and get in my eyes but it didn't.

Lately I have been using that new Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara. I bought it because I was suckered by that new brush that is supposed to combat clumps. Honestly, I don't see that it is much different than any other mascara but it doesn't flake on me.

Hope that helps!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I wear contacts too. I find waterproof versions of mascara do not flake off. Right now I'm using L'Oreal Voluminous.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • OldSoulOldSoul Posts: 268Registered Users
    Diddo. I am using Almay the insider with no problems. My lashes are naturally long and full, I am just accenting.
    The poster formerly known as JCrysy
    :::::::::::::::::
    Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Physician's Formula mascara. Opthamologist tested. (I don't think my Opthamologist tested it though....he doesn't wear makeup :wink: )
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks guys! Do you think eyeshadow might sift down into your eyes or is it most probably a mascara problem?
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • curlie_gurliecurlie_gurlie Posts: 18Registered Users
    I've been wearing contacts for about 2 years now. I've found that eyeliner is a big problem with contacts, so I just don't bother with it. I use waterproof mascara and a powder eyeshadow. I don't have any problems with them.
    Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?
    Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't typically have a problem with mascara and my contacts. I use Max Factor's 2000 Calorie and it doesn't flake or smear.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Posts: 254Registered Users
    Maybe its your eyes feeling dry from the contacts? When I wore contacts more towards the end of the day when i was tired my eyes felt dry and itchy. Rewetting drops helped with this.

I also used waterproof mascara when I did use it and I usually put my contacts in after I did my makeup which was tricky since i was blind as a bat without em lol

Precious Honey :)
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    http://public.fotki.com/Precioushoney/
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    It might also be your eyeshadow...depending on what kind of eyeshadow you are using. If you are using loose eyeshadow that has large particles of shimmer/glitter, it is possible that it is what is bothering your eyes.

I would try pretty much any waterproof mascara. I have been wearing contact lenses and waterproof mascara for 12 years now and I have not had a problem yet.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    It could definitely be your eyeshadow. Especially if you're using a brush to apply it. Shadow often falls off the brush when you apply, leading it to fall into your eyes. Either use one of those sponge tip applicators (they sell packs of disposable ones at drugstores) or if you use a brush, use VERY little powder and keep reapplying if you want more color.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file