clarifying vocab Q

Hi!
So people say they do co-wash and condish normally, does this mean they "After wetting your hair thoroughly, pour a dime sized amount in your hand and using the pads of your fingertips apply to one spot of your scalp and massage well, just as you would with shampoo. Repeat until you've scrubbed all over, then rinse ALL the CO off with plenty of warm water, still gently massaging with your fingertips so the friction will dissolve any residue. Next, pour more CO in your hand (sometimes another richer CO is necessary for this step), rub your palms together and apply over the length as you normally did in the past." and the do the last bold part AGAIN? or is co-wash just the scalp scrubby part?

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »
    Hi!
    So people say they do co-wash and condish normally, does this mean they "After wetting your hair thoroughly, pour a dime sized amount in your hand and using the pads of your fingertips apply to one spot of your scalp and massage well, just as you would with shampoo. Repeat until you've scrubbed all over, then rinse ALL the CO off with plenty of warm water, still gently massaging with your fingertips so the friction will dissolve any residue. Next, pour more CO in your hand (sometimes another richer CO is necessary for this step), rub your palms together and apply over the length as you normally did in the past." and the do the last bold part AGAIN? or is co-wash just the scalp scrubby part?

Think of your cowash conditioner like shampoo (scalp and if you need it, length scrubbing)

Think of your richer conditioner like conditioner. You gently run it over your hair; no scrubbing.

Does that clear it up?
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just CO wash. I rarely follow up with another conditioner, although I sometimes do.
    To me, the CO wash part is the first part (which is like shampoo part of it).
    Some people find CO washing with a cheap, thinner conditioner works well for cleansing and then use a richer, more moisturizing conditiner for the actual conditioning; hence the need for two conditioners. My hair is fine and can get weighed down, so I just use the first one for CO washing and then after shower, while hair is still wet, I use a leave-in conditioner.
    Everyone has their own variations. Do what works best for you.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cowashing is using conditioner to scrub your scalp. This can be done as often as you like, although if done daily may lead to overconditioning or itchiness if not rinsed out well. Conditioning the length is necessary to moisturize and detangle. I usually water wash (no conditioner on scalp) and then condition the length a couple times a week. I cowash (use conditioner on my scalp) only a couple times a month, usually when I do an ACV rinse. Experiment to find what works best for you.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file