Need advice on getting my natural texture back.

bree0129bree0129 Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi, I've been flat ironing for a while now and when my hair is wet, I have straight pieces in the front and loosely curled hair in the back and it's somewhat dry when it's not wet. My hair used to be so much curlier and wavier than this a couple years ago. I think part of the problem is the current iron I'm using (Herstyler w/o temp. control). So what can I do to bring my hair back and cut down on damage? And I just ordered an FHI Platform whch I hope will be less damaging than my current flat iron.
Thanks in advance to any replies.

Comments

• woodywoody Posts: 21Registered Users
    i really notice that its the product that you flat iron in that helps protect your hair. i have used a ton of products, but the iron i use is the T3ionic wet/dry iron, and i have no damage. but i think its because i really make sure that i have enough product on the ends especially. i hope this helps? and my new fave treatment kit is LK! check it out!

one thing i do when i want to wear my hair curly is to twist sections of the entire toplayer which tend to be str8ter on my head too..
  • Fiyah86Fiyah86 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Did you get the fhi platform yet? What do you think about it? im debating on getting one =)
  • bree0129bree0129 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi, I did get the platform and while it did a decent job of straightening, I did not like it because the plate were not smooth enough. The iron pulled on my hair on every pass. But I did get a Hana flat iron; the plates glide over my hair and it does a good job. I got both irons from misikko.com.
  • Sunshine_OneSunshine_One Posts: 63Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bree0129 wrote: »
    Hi, I did get the platform and while it did a decent job of straightening, I did not like it because the plate were not smooth enough. The iron pulled on my hair on every pass. But I did get a Hana flat iron; the plates glide over my hair and it does a good job. I got both irons from misikko.com.

Oh wow! Which Hana flat iron did you buy? I want the Hanna Elite so bad, but is kinda pricey. I was wondering how the Hanna Professional compared. I'll be patiently awaiting your response.:toothy8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair facts: 3c/4a I think!
    Mixed Chicks Leave-in May 2010
    Transitioned 15 months
    100% Natural since FEB 2006
    http://public.fotki.com/SunshineOne/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file