Hair care tips and products that help with...(very short hair)

curly_starscurly_stars Registered Users Posts: 306
Any hair care tips and products that help with growing out very short curly hair? Im new to the whole CG thing(a few months). I suppose my hair is an inch or two long.(told ya its pretty short) Im being a bit impatient though, im just curious and anticipating trying out hairstyles besides just wearing it out.

p.s. dont recommend anything medical like pills to help it grow, because im not old enough to take those(or atleast i dont think my parents would let me)

Comments

• MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    When I had my hair that short I used a lot of hair bands and earrings as accessories. As far as products go: I used a leave-in daily, t-tree cream, and a light gel (ice pomade or Fantasia IC). Also due to the length at the time I co-washed daily with Suave. Attached is a pic of how it looked:

"The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • curly_starscurly_stars Registered Users Posts: 306
    Thanks so much!!!!!!! This helped alot.
  • alex_infpalex_infp Registered Users Posts: 8
    You might be interested in Biotin. It's inexpensive and safe. You can purchase 150 tablets of Biotin (1000mcg per tablet) for about $3 at Wal-Mart. I take 10,000mcg daily. It's a water-soluble form of Vitamin B, so whatever your body doesn't absorb will just get, uh, 'deposited.' It promotes hair, skin, and nail health and growth. Good luck.
    Clueless, Curlful, Italian/Egyptian 3c
    Growing it out
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    Be careful if you are planning to take supplements, if taken in too high a dosage you will experience adverse effects. Biotin in too high a dosage will cause breakouts, etc. and if I were you I'd talk to my parents first because you are still a minor. Try the baggie method and scalp massages for growth.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • curly_starscurly_stars Registered Users Posts: 306
    Yeah the biotin seems a little risky at my age. I will just baggie and scalp massage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file