what will happen-'cones

I use these products for CG. I know they have cones, so do I have to poo with them?
organix tea tree mint conditioner (can't find ingredients online!)
head and shoulders smooth and silky condish (Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1%, Anti-Dandruff)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid)

So what should I do? What will using these with no shampoo do?

Comments

• EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    oh, and I use
    Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream (Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Avocado Oil , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Apricot Kernel Oil , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Linalool , Butylphenyl , Methylpropional , Citronellol)
  • parzyparzy Posts: 246Registered Users
    Using them with no shampoo will give you icky buildup and make your hair not so nice, then you might think the CG thing isn't working for you and give up.

You'll need to poo that stuff out and then use conditioners, leave-ins, and stylers that do not have ingredients that build up - it is the only way a "no poo" approach works.

The leave in you mention has the A-cone in it, but so do some of the Devacurl products. It is water soluble so not a big deal for most although some people feel it builds up on them and they avoid it.

I've used it before with no issues, but I am not really a die-hard. I don't use anything that isn't water soluble but I do like shampoo bars that are sulfate free.
    2b (a fine 'n porous wavy)...and finally growing out :-)

Wash: Deva Low-poo
    Condish and leave in: OneC or Suave Coconut

Styler: Angell or the Deva foam, sometimes KKKC

Etc: Set It Free as a refresher

Protien: Looking for one

I love hairspray...don't judge
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Amodimethicone isn't water-soluble, along with the other 'cones you are using. Parzy is right in that you'll need to shampoo to remove them, and then find some new products without them.

Here's the list of ingredients used to remove silicones:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-q-a/whats-the-scoop-on-silicones
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file