CurlTalk

How do you look in the morning?

hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
I just turned 45 and to be honest I scare myself if I look in the mirror right after I wake up. I awaken with watery eyes especially this time of year and then I have puffy bags from the fluid build-up. I take a hot shower before I look which improves my outlook for the day as it diminishes some of the puffiness.

Comments

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    I tend to get puffy, too. But I found it's not nearly as bad if I don't use a heavy eye cream at night.

My hair sometimes is crazy in the a.m., but other than that I'm not too scary. :p
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Like an escapee from a madhouse, hair and all.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I try not to look at myself until I'm in the shower.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,486Registered Users
    I wash my face at the sink before I take my shower, so I kinda have to look, and I also put eyedrops in then. Let me just say, not too attractive...but my husband looks worse than me if that says anything! :eek:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    When I saw the thread title my first thought was "puffy" too. :cyclopsani: :lol:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I look sick. My face is pale and my eyes are more purplish underneath. My hair is pretty wild like the cowardly lion's pre-perm.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    I look sick. My face is pale and my eyes are more purplish underneath. My hair is pretty wild like the cowardly lion's pre-perm.

Is this before or after your all-night job cleaning office buildings?
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I'm hot! :wave:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    :laughing3:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    I like to think I look like myself, just without make up. The hair is always pulled back in a pony-bun. If the band isn't tight enough then hair escapes and look out! Bozo wings.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Depends on the time of the month. I'm 46 and just entering perimenopause. The 10-14 days prior to my period is hell - puffy, broken out and my hair is a frizz bomb from the night sweats.

The rest of the month I actually look better then I ever have.... but I'm sure part of that is acceptance.....:shaking2:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • meadowlark2meadowlark2 Posts: 135Registered Users
    All I see is my crazy hair. Its so bad sometimes I just laugh like a crazy person. Usually its not very amusing. If it weren't for the hair, I'd be analyzing something else.
    cg Dec 08
    fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Hmmm .. puffy, watery, bloodshot eyes; a bushy tree growing off my head; skin as pale as the snow - I'm glad my DBF doesn't put his glasses on till after his shower. :laughing5:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I probably look like I do the rest of the day. Sadly.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    i avoid mirrors until ive had a shower and everything goes back to where they were b/4 i went to sleep.
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    A bleary-eyed wreck clearly in need of more sleep than she gets, with a pineapple on top of her head.

However, I've learned not to put my spectacles on until I'm wearing some makeup - and as I use a small hand-help mirror for that task I don't see all of my face at once.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I look like my mom, my dad, and the crazy lady who pushes a shopping cart full of god-knows-what around town all day. Not so pretty but hey, crazy hair sets me apart at any time of day and my face has had a good time getting to this point.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,677Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Pretty rough. I have shocking dark shadows and hate to really look at myself until the concealers gone on. Hair's just wild. It's not good and I doubt things will ever get any better, unfortunately.
    3b in South Australia.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    BAD! To put it simply.

My eyes don't look awake until I've been up about 3 hours.

Of course, this was true to some extent even when I was younger..... but it is not getting better.

Fortunately, though, I'm much smarter, funnier, and cooler than I was back then. :toothy9:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i think it's pretty darn awful, but the ToyBoy didn't say anything about it the past couple of mornings...
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • winifredwinifred Posts: 295Registered Users
    I think I look my best when I wake up in the morning because my skin is even and smooth. The rosacea needs an hour or so to get going, and it gets worse throughout the day.

Leave a Comment