Random Question Re Products

jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
Are there any products actually made specifically for WAVY hair? Do you know of any products that actually say that on the container? Just wondering. I mean, you'd think with the products for various textures and colors that there would be something?!
2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein

Comments

• CopperWavesCopperWaves Posts: 83Registered Users
    I think Curlfriends has some for wavy hair and Playcurl is for wavy hair.I haven't used any of these myself. When I want soft,frizz free waves I comb Boots and Aura Hypo-allergenic gel through my hair and airdry. It lasts me several days. I do have some pics of this look in my hair album (#3 & 4) if you want to see. Wavy hair just can't decide if it wants to be straight or curly,can it? I just don't want frizz!!! :lol: HTH!!
    My hair is not the boss of me!!!!
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Thanks.

I just saw your pictures. Great waves. My hair isn't nearly as wavy as yours though.

Frizz is crazy for me during the summer. The humidy is usually in the 90s or above, and if I try to wear my hair straight, it's much frizzer than when I scrunch waves into it.

But I was looking at [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] today and the back reads: perfect for encouraging soft, casual waves....I heart [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink]....just wish it was sold locally.

I've never heard of PlayCurl.
    Thanks,Jersey8. :) I hear you...I fight frizz,too. I wish I could be more help but I am new at this. I was hoping some of the other wavies would jump in here with suggestions.I think some of them use Drugstore/beauty supply products with success. BeachBlondeWavie is one that comes to mind....lovely waves. Don't remember if you are CG or not. Playcurl is by Quidad ,I think. I so want to try Recoil! Have you used it?
  • stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Posts: 118Registered Users
    I haven't used the Ouidad either. I want to keep to drugstore products. I've had good luck with sprays - a homemade epsom salt spray and a drugstore spray - Christophe Curl Hydrating spray. I'm just now learning how to use gels.
    Copperwaves, my hair is a similar texture to yours in the wavy pics, except shorter so fewer waves. But how do you get those waves to be soft and not producty? I try to "scrunch out the crunch" and I still get a stringy producty look sometimes.
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06
    Yup, CopperWaves...LOVE [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink]. I think it's the only product I've tried from here that I am absolutely in love with for all seasons!!!

stubbornirishhair, what homemade spray do you use? I found one here but it has lemon juice and I'm worried it may lighten hair.
    I haven't used the Ouidad either. I want to keep to drugstore products. I've had good luck with sprays - a homemade epsom salt spray and a drugstore spray - Christophe Curl Hydrating spray. I'm just now learning how to use gels.
    Copperwaves, my hair is a similar texture to yours in the wavy pics, except shorter so fewer waves. But how do you get those waves to be soft and not producty? I try to "scrunch out the crunch" and I still get a stringy producty look sometimes.

Mmmm..I'm not sure,maybe it's the products I'm using. I just work pink Boots and Aura Hypo-allergenic gel through damp hair with my fingers, comb, airdry. There is very little crunch and I just fluff a little from underneath(right side up) and kinda smoosh the canopy with my hands kind of gently squeezing the hair,I really don't scrunch with this look. HTH :)
    The spray is just epsom salt and distilled water, but you can also add a little conditioner or a little glycerin. I don't offhand remember the amounts but I got the recipe here. Its called curl enhancing spray I think.
    As for gel, I am liking Herbal Essences Humidity Defying Gel a lot, but with any gel I have to experiment a bit because it tends to look stringy until it dries.
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    If you find the recipe on here, would you mind posting the link. I've looked for it, but the ones I came across had lemon juice. I'd love to see what's in it (the amounts), so maybe I could try it.
    I adapted this recipe:

2 Tbsp. conditioner
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    ½ tsp. Epsom salt
    ½ tsp. table salt
    1 C. very warm or hot distilled water

Instead I just used the water and epsom salt. You can just leave out the lemon juice and/or the conditioner. I am going to try it with conditioner next time. It works as a curl enhancer just using the epsom and water and nothing else, but you might need something a little conditioning with it. I tried it with honey the first time I made it, but I didn't like it as much as plain epsom and water. The honey smells bad after a week, whereas the plain mixture lasts a bit longer.
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
  • kiki427kiki427 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Jersey8.

Are you located in NJ? If so, where? I know a salon that carries AG products.

Kiki
    S-curls about shoulder length
    More wavy than curly.
    Awww...sorry...I'm not. It's a nickname.

BUT I did have the same issue finding AG Products in my area. I went to the AG site and e-mailed them telling them my area, and they told me to check with a certain supplier (they gave me info for the closest supplier)
  • MsBeeHavinMsBeeHavin Posts: 29Registered Users
    Hi! I have fine thin waves and have had good luck with the Garnier spray gel. I also use a homemade concoction similar to the one above except I use honey instead of lemon juice and add a bit more Epsom salt since I love the fullness I get from the ocean air!!
    shoulder-blade wavie searching for curls
  • back2natureback2nature Posts: 37Registered Users
    Hi wavies!

I came across this thread while doing a search for the word "wavies". LOL It's hard to find wavy-to-wavy info sometimes, so I find board searches to be the most helpful.

Anyway...I wanted to jump on board in full support of a homemade curl enhancing spray. I use distilled water, epsom salt, lavender oil and a bit of aloe vera. It works wonders, and best of all, costs next to nothing since I had most of those ingredients in my house anyway =)

Also, Ouidad's Play Curl line has been a God-send for me. I absolutely *love* the shampoo and conditioner. I was ambivilent about the mousse, though.

As far as I know, there aren't many lines/products meant exclusively for wavies, which is pretty unfair. Especially when you consider that many stylists tout wavy hair as "the perfect texture". Maybe someday us wavies will become recognized in the marketplace. Until then, I find nc.com to be the greatest support! You get so much feedback and so many ideas here. Love this place! =*
    2b/2c M iii
    Haven't straightened since 4/1/06!
    Proud to be a Product Minimalist (PM)
    PW: wavy
  • ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    Hope you don't mind input from a coily-coily head... :?

I think Graham Webb has gotten good reviews and a lot of wavies like Aussie's tizz no frizz and gel+Water...

HTH
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file