Anyone use the Hypnobirthing CD?

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
The one from the Mongan book. I'm trying to "practice" by listening to it every day, but I've only gotten through the whole thing once. Ever since then, I fall asleep partway through. :lol: Am I doing it wrong? (Or am I doing it right since I'm obviously relaxing?) Should I start it halfway through, so I can get familiar with the rest of it? I remember there was something about visualizing a room and a sink, but I only got to that point once.

Also, did you use it during labor as well, or only before? If you used it during labor, did you just listen to the segment over and over again? Thanks!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I tried that tape when I was preparing for my homebirth. I even had a few private sessions with a hypnotherapist. Hypnosis didn't seem to do much (if anything) to me. I think I'm hypnosis-resistant. I didn't even bother using it during labor. I'm sure it works for some people, but not for me. I got through labor by just butching through it...moaning, moving, and showers/hot tub.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well it's obviously doing something for me since I'm passing out. I just don't know if it's the correct effect. Maybe I should keep reading the book.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file