Rep. Kirsten Gillibrand to fill New York's vacant Senate seat

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    I heard she is a moderate Democrat. I tend to favor the moderate side of both parties, so this is promising.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since she's from upstate, I don't know that much about her. Thus far, I'm not against the appointment, but I'll have to do some research on her this weekend.

I'm more concerned with how this process turned into such a circus.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    Scarlet wrote: »
    Since she's from upstate, I don't know that much about her. Thus far, I'm not against the appointment, but I'll have to do some research on her this weekend.

I'm more concerned with how this process turned into such a circus.

No kidding. OTOH, if a Kennedy or Clinton is involved, it's almost guaranteed to be some level of circus.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file