Maybelline Dream Matte mouse

butterfly22butterfly22 Posts: 103Registered Users
Who uses this and what did you think of it? I heared it is very light and you dont feel it on your skin.
4a/4b little 3c

Comments

• DocDoc Posts: 367Registered Users
    Love it Love it! The Dream Matte Mousse was another of my drugstore discoveries (along with Posner).

The mousse is wonderful. It has the texture of mousse; it's very light and airy which makes application a "dream".
    It's so light that you will not even know that you're wearing it and you can layer as needed therefore coverage can go from light to full and all points in between.

I will also add that I am an an AA of medium complexion, and the color match was perfect. I added that because for a long time women of color have had difficulty with finding drugstore brands that gave good complexion matches.

Also if you go to Maybelline.com under the ask advisor window, there's a series of questions that you can answer and it'll actually match you to the shades and brands of all of their products (face, lip, blush, eye etc...) that way you'll know which shade to buy beforehand.

Very long answer, but I'll end the way I started; love it love it :D
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I loved the coverage and the feather-light feel of this foundation. But I did not love the breakouts that followed. And I am not breakout-prone.
    SuZen wrote:
    I loved the coverage and the feather-light feel of this foundation. But I did not love the breakouts that followed. And I am not breakout-prone.

SuZen,

Sorry to hear that the foundation broke you out :(
    How long had you been using it before you broke out? I'm asking just to be on the lookout. I've been using it for several weeks now 2x-3x per week, and so far so good :)
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I think I used it for about 4 or 5 days in a row. My skin is not very sensitive, and I can use products with silicones, but I think this was kind of an overdose for me.

If you've been using it that long without a problem, then probably it will continue to be fine for you. Don't let my experience discourage you -- like hair, everyone's skin is different.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone tried the Dream Matte Mousse blush?
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • QueenConverseQueenConverse Posts: 20Registered Users
    Hmm strange that you experienced break outs. I'm quite breakout prone (being 14 years old lol) and I haven't broken out while using this (and I've been using it daily for 4 months!)
  • butterfly22butterfly22 Posts: 103Registered Users
    I ordered the cocoa color from ebay. They only sell light versions in holland( yeah I know they are ignorant). I hope to get it soon.
    4a/4b little 3c
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I absolutely LOVED the finish and I LOVED the feel. However, they didn't have my color. I was running around wearing the TAN color thinking I was cute. I looked in the mirror outside one day and saw that it looked like I had an orange mask on my face. :shock: I was running around looking like WINNIE THE POOH!!

The shade a bit lighter was TOO light and I'm not for mixing colors. But, if you find your color in it and you enjoy the finish - it's a GREAT find.
    Candy wrote:
    I ordered the cocoa color from ebay. They only sell light versions in holland( yeah I know they are ignorant). I hope to get it soon.

Good for you! Once you've had a chance to try it, tell us what you think. :D
    Doc wrote:
    Candy wrote:

Good for you! Once you've had a chance to try it, tell us what you think. :D

I got it!! Like all of you said. You dont feel it on your skin and it can be put on easily. I've noticed that u only need a little of it.
    The color is just fine. I like it.

Lets just hope it dont break me out! :lol:
    4a/4b little 3c
    Meghuney wrote:
    I absolutely LOVED the finish and I LOVED the feel. However, they didn't have my color. I was running around wearing the TAN color thinking I was cute. I looked in the mirror outside one day and saw that it looked like I had an orange mask on my face. :shock: I was running around looking like WINNIE THE POOH!!

The shade a bit lighter was TOO light and I'm not for mixing colors. But, if you find your color in it and you enjoy the finish - it's a GREAT find.

Wow thats pretty dramatic. I agree that make up looks different when you're outside :shock: They should make more colors!!!
    4a/4b little 3c
    I did love the consistency of it though. It was GREAT. I loved the feel of it and everything. Apparently, Lancome has just come out with their own version of it. I hope they have my color!
  • Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Posts: 76Registered Users
    i love the texture
    but the "tan" colour is just too orangy
    :?
    very thick brown 3b/3c curls
    ::::::::........
  • littlemisscurlylittlemisscurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    Sounds fantastic, do they do a shade for pale people like me? I'm very scared of looking orange
    3A hair, very boring brown colour, just over shoulders (aiming for BSL)
    Photo Password: password
  • tonightweflytonightwefly Posts: 9Registered Users
    I liked this foundation a lot, but as with a lot of Maybelline things the colours are ever so dark (at least in the UK)...even the ivory was a bit much for me (though I wore it for a while anyway).

It's also a bit greasy, and I eventually switched to mineral makeup which I prefer. It's still probably the best regular foundation I've used, though, and the mousse blush was nice...I still use it occasionally on very pale days.

It did freak me out a bit that you have to poke your fingers into it, though...surely not hygienic?
    My Fotki with obligatory hair pictures :P

pw: flump

2B/2C/3A hybrid. Just to be confusing.
    i love the texture
    but the "tan" colour is just too orangy
    :?

That's the same durned color I tried to use and it WAS too Orangey.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file