??? Abs workout ???

JillCJillC Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Connoisseur
I want to revamp my abs workout to add more lower ab work and maybe a different exercise for obliques. Right now I do 20 crunches on an exercise ball, then I do oblique cunches on the floor, and I'm up to 45 on each side. I know you're supposed to be able to work your obluques on the exercise ball, but I can't do that without falling over. I've played around with different exercises for lower abs, but haven't settled on one I really like. Also, I know you're supposed to work you abs in a particular order, but I can't remember which order.
2a/3a fine but lots of it. Just above my shoulders.

Comments

• disneylovedisneylove Registered Users Posts: 112
    you could also do scissors for obliques
    We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here and that is the English language ….and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people. —Theodore Roosevelt
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Planks! They are awesome.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Cambridge, MARegistered Users Posts: 3,181
    disneylove wrote:
    you could also do scissors for obliques

What are these?

My new favorite ab exercise is lying flat on your back, legs out straight, and arms out straight above your head holding your exercise ball. Then pass the ball to your feet in the air above your midsection (I lift my shoulders off the ground in a mini-crunch to reach my feet better). Your legs come up to greet the ball, obviously. Then lay back flat, with the ball now between your feet. Then pass it back to your hands. Repeat. It's really hard, but you can feel it working upper and lower abs. And if you're squeezing the ball while it's between your feet, it works the inner-thighs, too!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i heard the abs for dummies dvd is awesone...i'm going to buy it for ideas (i teach abs at the end of my classes)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Who Me? wrote:
    My new favorite ab exercise is lying flat on your back, legs out straight, and arms out straight above your head holding your exercise ball...

This website has an animated video of that move. I love it as well, it gets to the deep abdominals.[/url]
  • JillCJillC Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I've added a few exercises that I found on Spark People, and I can always use another good one. I tried the pass the ball from hands to feet thing before, but I'm not sure I was doing it right. I'll definitely check out the video.

Thanks again! 8)
    2a/3a fine but lots of it. Just above my shoulders.
  • soon2bcurlysoon2bcurly Registered Users Posts: 6
    I've never heard that you need to do ab exercises in a certain order but I've heard people sugesst that you do them at the end of your workout. Make sure you have a good clean diet and do the crunches in proper form . You shouldn't be able to do too many if your doing them right .
    Pw:curlygurl

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file