Just went CG - want leave in advice

So I finally jumped ship - I quit shampooing yesterday and am going CG fully!! My last poo was with Suave Clarifying to get out any lingering gunk that may be in my hair. I'm using Suave Vanilla Floral as a COwash, Biolage Conditioning Balm as a rinse-out at the end of my shower, and Bioterra Gel to style with. I have had two great hair days so far! I'm expecting my scalp (and hair) to turn a bit naughty though when it realizes I stopped shampooing lol, but I know from what I've read on the boards that if I keep at it, my hair will adjust and get better. My question - what is a good drugstore/grocery/health food store leave in? I've heard some people mention Giovanni Leave-In, which I have access to; I'm just curious what some other ones are that are out there. Thanks for the help, and I'll keep you updated!
Blog: MissCurls First post 1/23/2009

3b using Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner, AOHR, AOB5

d99703191cd56497.gif

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Depends where you live and how dry it is. I use the Giovanni Direct and KBB nectar in the summer and lots of products in the winter: DM CCB, L & T, DHB or Detangler; ABBA Pure Gentle, KBB milk and others. (full names in my signature.) Between the heat and the cold, dry weather--my hair needs a lot more moisture.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Giovanni Direct Leave-In has proteins in it, so beware of that if your hair hates proteins.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using the conditioning balm as a leave in/styler. :icon_smile:
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• PearlyCurlyPearlyCurly Posts: 54Registered Users
    I dont really rinse out my conditioner and that is a great leave in for me:laughing4:
    :afro:
    3B-4A
    I:love4:Water + HE
    My baby daddy is the Denman D4!
    pearlycurlyavi-vi.jpg
    fotki.com/miaangel247
  • DiamondsCurlsDiamondsCurls Posts: 167Registered Users
    i use gio's dli and love it i dont think it has any protiens but i will check but i did go thru it fast but b/c its at target it wont b a prob...i also like kinky curlys [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]knot today[/buylink] it is probably the best detangler in the world although i never used it without the curling custard im sure its just as good and its all natural ingredients...i also heard good things about SheaMoisture's Leave In but i havent been able to find it....hth good luck...
    :afro:
    Hair Type: 3b-c/m/i
    HGs:KCKT KCCC
    Using:cowash VO5, TJ Nurish, orGVP PM Detandler condish/l.i. KCKT, stylers EcoStyler or ORS L&T, SheaButter Coconut Oil or EVOO seal, DT amla or brahmi powder ,DC AOHR, Henna, Multi+Biotin+FishOil+Probiotic
    Want 2 Try: Qhem Curls
    formerly KinkzNCurlz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file