Here we go again...Updated 5/25/09

nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
Today is my first visit back at the reproductive endocrinologist. DH and I have been trying for about 6 months to get pregnant, but my cycles are still really irregular (thanks, PCOS...or not). I'm not looking forward to all the hormones and meds adjustments or the wacky way I'll feel on them.

Any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted!
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie

Comments

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I am sorry, and you have my thoughts and prayers.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I will be thinking about you. Let us know how it goes.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Best wishes to you! I hope you will have success quickly and easily!
    ehLB.jpg
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks, guys. I know I sounded like a Debbie Downer in my original post. I am excited about the baby prospect, just not the needle prospect...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Good luck! I will be thinking of you!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I know I sounded like a Debbie Downer in my original post. I am excited about the baby prospect, just not the needle prospect...LOL

Are they the little insulin needles or the larger ones used for IM shots? Those were absolutely awful.

Good luck. Here's to a short treatment cycle.
    The little insulin ones, but I have a needle phobia, so it's not my favorite thing. I have to make DH give me the shots while I lie down with a pillow on my face. I remember the one time I had to give myself a shot (DH was working late, I think) and I almost passed out! I'm pretty wimpy...

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Hopefully you won't have to go through it for long. Good luck!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    The little insulin ones, but I have a needle phobia, so it's not my favorite thing. I have to make DH give me the shots while I lie down with a pillow on my face. I remember the one time I had to give myself a shot (DH was working late, I think) and I almost passed out! I'm pretty wimpy...

Aw. :( When one has a needle phobia, it doesn't matter what size it is. Hubby is the same way. Not fun.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope everything went well with the RE. I also hope that your treatment is short and that the needles don't bother you as much this round.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    g/l!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

My appointment went well. The dr. decided to put me on the same course of meds that worked for me when I got pregnant last time (the first time, there was lots of medicine adjustment). I'm feeling a lot more positive and happy now that the appointment is over with...things are no worse than they were before, which is always a relief. Right now, I'm on progesterone to start my cycle and metformin to help with my insulin. In a couple weeks, I'll start up with the Clomid and Repronix (sp.?), aka the crazy meds. I'm really hoping and praying that I'll only have to do this for a couple cycles. I just don't want the process to drag on for months.

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    My appointment went well. The dr. decided to put me on the same course of meds that worked for me when I got pregnant last time (the first time, there was lots of medicine adjustment). I'm feeling a lot more positive and happy now that the appointment is over with...things are no worse than they were before, which is always a relief. Right now, I'm on progesterone to start my cycle and metformin to help with my insulin. In a couple weeks, I'll start up with the Clomid and Repronix (sp.?), aka the crazy meds. I'm really hoping and praying that I'll only have to do this for a couple cycles. I just don't want the process to drag on for months.

I'll be thinking about you.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    Well, today I went in for my mid-cycle sonogram. My dr. said, based on my uterine lining, he thought I ovulated already. I think so, too, because I was having some mild cramping yesterday. He had some blood drawn to confirm this because my ovaries weren't being cooperative...the left one was hiding! LOL I'm hoping I did ovulate so that we can know the meds I'm on are working. I don't want to have to up the dosage on anything. I already felt like a weeping crazy person last week.

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Eek! I hope everything is working as it should. Good luck!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    Well, today I went in for my mid-cycle sonogram. My dr. said, based on my uterine lining, he thought I ovulated already. I think so, too, because I was having some mild cramping yesterday. He had some blood drawn to confirm this because my ovaries weren't being cooperative...the left one was hiding! LOL I'm hoping I did ovulate so that we can know the meds I'm on are working. I don't want to have to up the dosage on anything. I already felt like a weeping crazy person last week.

I hope you and hubby got busy this weekend. :)

Next cycle, try using an OPK, so you can detect your surge 36 hours in advance.
    I really hope this works for you! I will be thinking of you :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    medussa wrote: »

I hope you and hubby got busy this weekend. :)

Next cycle, try using an OPK, so you can detect your surge 36 hours in advance.

We did. :tongue3:

I'll definitely get an OPK next time. The last time we did this, I ovulated right on day 14, so I don't know what happened this time.

Nynaeve, is that your daughter in your avatar? Adorable!
    Yup, that's Danae! That was her Christmas picture.

Yup, that's Danae! That was her Christmas picture.
    She is so sweet! And I love her curls of course! ;)
    Her hair is so awesome and easy. I wish mine would be so easy to work with! :)

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hope everything works out quickly for you.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    Update...last month didn't work out well at all. This month, all my meds got their dosages upped (150 mg of Clomid and 14 shots of Menopur...yikes!). However, I went in today and had 2 large follicles! Yay! I'm so excited. I go back in 3 days to make sure they grew enough, but I'm feeling really hopeful. Of course, it's still anyone's guess if I'll get pregnant, but at least the meds did their thing and the dosage that I'm on is working. :)

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay for your meds working this month! I hope this is your month so you can get off of this roller coaster as soon as possible!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :hello1:
    crossing my fingers for you.
    cympreni wrote: »
    :hello1:
    crossing my fingers for you.

Me too!
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Sounds good!! I hope this is your month!
    ehLB.jpg
    Are they going to give you an HCG trigger to make sure the eggs are released?

Good luck!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file