Lip Plumper's?

RappunzelRappunzel Posts: 19Registered Users
Hi! I’m sorry if this subject has been covered. I have looked and haven’t found it but I’m sure it has. You could post a link for me if you know of one.

I am wondering if there are any “lip plumper’s” that actually work. Are they chemically dangerous and do they cause any permanent problems, such as tiny lines around the lips like one who smokes cigarettes, if you quite using it?

Any help/advise you can give would be much appreciated.

Comments

• curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using two kind of cheapies that work surprisingly well. They're from Sally Henson: Lip Fusion and Thin Lip Collagen Boost. They only work as long as they're on your lips, but they work pretty well! And they were both under $6 at CVS. The Lip Fusion makes my lips sort of pouty, but the Collagen Boost makes them feel more plump. It's not a huge difference, but I'm happy with it!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lip plumpers can temporarily give the appearance of fuller lips. I've been using DuWop's Lip Venom for years now. One problem I find is that they can be somewhat drying for me, so I only use it for dates and special occassions. Many of the ingredients that cause the plumping can be a bit irritating if used too often. Maybe the technology used in the newer versions is different.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,708Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    unless you've used an injectable, the effect will be only temporary.

don't believe anyone who says that their collagen formula will give your lips a fuller appearance over time - the collagen molecule is too large to be absorbed through the skin - ANY skin!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Miss HandbagMiss Handbag Posts: 6Registered Users
    hi ye...
    yeh i bought pout lip gloss and it has made my lips much bigger
    people have said there is something different about you and it is that it smells a little like mint when it goes on really lovely have lots of sisters and they are all using it now

pout pump its called....
    cant wait to buy the new makeup bag it is gourgeous...
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Hey there-

Bliss makes a lip plumper that works pretty well. I mean, don't kid yourself, you're not going to magically have an Angelina Jolie pout, but it does make a subtle difference.

As far as long term effects, I'm not entirely sure. I know that the way it works is by stimulating the nerves to send more blood to the lips, which is why you feel a tingly/slightly burning sensation on and around your lips. I would try it out and see if what you think. The plump goes away after you take the gloss off your lips, so you won't have any permanent changes.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,708Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lauren1904 wrote:
    As far as long term effects, I'm not entirely sure.

trust me on this one...

it's one of the questions i've been asked most often since i've been writing about makeup here at NC and NOT EVEN ONE OF THESE PRODUCTS has a long term effect!!!!

the only way to get "plump" lips that "last" is through a filler injected/implanted - and even those have to be redone over time.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I received some as a sample once, and now I am addicted! It doesn't have any long term effects, but I love the stingy feeling that comes with it. It does temporarily plump my lips, and actually makes them really soft, which is rather nice as well.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    ROUQUINNE - I know they don't have long term effects in the sense that your lips will stay plump without injections. But do you know if they have any long term effects in the sense of wrinkles around the mouth or loss of sensitivity of the lips? Any other scary side effects?
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file