CurlTalk

I need a transition buddy!

mixedbabymixedbaby Posts: 94Registered Users
Hey I'm new to the site and also new to transitioning. I jus made the choice to transition a couple days ago and my last relaxer was about two months. I'm gonna need help, so if anyones got some good tips please share.

Comments

• preddy_blakkpreddy_blakk Posts: 39Registered Users
    Hey, i'm new and also transitioning. My last relaxer was 3 months ago. How long do you plan on transitioning???

event.png

Last Relaxer: 10/18/2008

Probable BC : 10/10/2010
  • mixedbabymixedbaby Posts: 94Registered Users
    As long as it takes. probably a year. i want it to at least grow out to the length it is right now b4 i do th bc. my hair is to my chin right now
    Yea that is my main reason for transitioning so long, because i don't think I will look right with short natural hair. I've cut my hair short before, but I think because of the shrinkage that comes with natural hair it will be alot different.

event.png

yea same here. ive had short hair for so long because of the breakge from the relaxer. I don't want it any shorter than it is now. bt im worried im gonna get impatient. i dont plan on giving up bt its gonna take so long to grow!
    I've already gotten to where I'm just like I wanna BC now! lol, but even though it is seeming like forever, it'll be worth the wait....

event.png

lol i agree. Ive been wanting my natural hair back so bad but i never thought there was any other way besides cutting it all off. I'm excited but scared at the same time. how much new growth have u experienced since u started transitioning?
    I'm really not sure at the moment. I've been transitioning with kinky twists, and I still have the first set in...but I can see alot of new growth though. I should be taking them down next weekend so I'll let u know. What about u though?

event.png

i just started transitioning so not much. its only started to grow in the middle about a half inch
    What styles are u transitioning with? I'm planning on a couple sets of kinky twists ... and twist outs and some other style for my rest periods between the kinky twists.

event.png

well i was hoping that i could jus keep flat ironing my hair bkuz i want to keep the same look while transitioning so i was happy when the lady who does my hair told me that flat ironing would be the best thing for me while transitiong. She said itll be good so i dont have to worry about breakage from the two different textures. so i'm sticking with the flat iron until it grows out to the point where I cant anymore.
    yea i started flat ironing my new growth when i first decided to transition, but i was worried about too much heat...i didn't want to damage my natural hair with all of the heat, so i decided not to do that anymore. but i'm not positive on whether it will matter as long as you are using a heat protectant and all.

event.png

yea im worried about the heat damage as well but wat can i say i trust my hairdresser she knows best so I'm gonna do watver she tells me to do