Is Working Out 4 Days A Week Enough?

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedBanned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
I have a horrible schedule and was wondering if this would still get me where I want/need to be goal wise?

I am not so much obsessed w/ losing weight as I am w/ getting some fab abs for this bikini I've been coveting :D

I am currently doing Turbo Jam Maximum Results & the Elite Fat Burning. Soon, I will be adding the DVDs w/ the ball.

I figure something is better than nothing, right? :dontknow:

Comments

• Noelle1966Noelle1966 Registered Users Posts: 87
    I think that it is wonderful that you are working out four days a week. I'm also in the position that I am not so much concerned with weight as I am with my stomach area. I go to an abdominal class once a week and they really work us hard. I can feel that I have some pretty strong abs, but problem is that I carry a lot of weight in my stomach area. My word of the year is "cardio." I learned that I have to mix my routine a bit. All that I can suggest is to mix up your routine so that you get the best of both worlds.:alien:
    3A. I like Wella Kolestral. I also like a lot of products made by Nexxus.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    hey girl! yes four days is "enough" but ideally you should do something physical everyday. maybe not a true workout but i try to do something physical every day. that way it's a part of your life like showering or brushing your teeth. good luck!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    4 days is plenty IF you eat healthy and watch your portions 70% of the time. I am only working out 3 days a week, but have improved my eating habits tremendously and my stomach is flatter, and my hips and waist are smaller. I was fluctuating anywhere from 6 to 12 pounds over my ideal weight, but until I improved my eating habits I still felt flabby even though I don't think I looked it to others. I would never wear clothes that emphasize flab unlike a LOT of people, so people thought I didn't have any even though I knew I did. I am really impressed with the difference in my body lately.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    sdc wrote: »
    4 days is plenty IF you eat healthy and watch your portions 70% of the time. I am only working out 3 days a week, but have improved my eating habits tremendously and my stomach is flatter, and my hips and waist are smaller. I was fluctuating anywhere from 6 to 12 pounds over my ideal weight, but until I improved my eating habits I still felt flabby even though I don't think I looked it to others. I would never wear clothes that emphasize flab unlike a LOT of people, so people thought I didn't have any even though I knew I did. I am really impressed with the difference in my body lately.

good points and good reminder. some say diet is 80% of the body battle.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks everyone...great info here!
    I have heard of the 80% thing as well.
    S~ Does chasin' my kid around count? :lol:
    sdc...how does alcohol impact you? I try to limit, but sometimes it's hard.
    see above...

lol
    Noelle...cardio, cardio, cardio...has a nice ring to it! :D
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    wile - except for the rare occaision I only drink a half a glass of red wine about 3 nights a week. I have it with 70% dark chocolate (about 2 squares) and that is my sweet treat most days. It's healthy and good. I still eat some sweets, but nothing like I used to.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It's quality and not just quantity when it comes to working out. You can do 5-6 days a week and not achieve anything.

WileE, you have a 24/7 workout...it's called having a kid.

I think 4 days a week is wonderful! Turbo Jam is a great quality workout. I want a copy. You want a buddy to workout with?

Go WileE!

:wav:
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    According to the nutritionist I saw, 5 - 7 days a week cardio for 1 hr ea at 1200 - 1600 calories a day will help you lose weight.

But to maintain weight 20 - 30 minutes each 3 times a week is all that's needed. I'm guessing this also applies for toning up. :dontknow:

None of this sounds right. I think I like y'all's info better.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Registered Users Posts: 2,949 Curl Neophyte
    4 days is plenty IF you eat healthy and watch your portions 70% of the time.

Most definitely. But I'd say it's more like 80-90% of the time if you are looking to achieve a fab bikini body.

I also really, strongly urge you -- heck anybody over the age of 25 -- to incorporate weight training. It's really key. When I was doing it 3-4x/ week I barely lost a pound on the scale, but went down a FULL pants size and totally reshaped my body.

I have to be in a bathing suit (Jamaica!) in 3 weeks so I'm really ramping it up myself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file