Best Roast Ever!

tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
High Temperature Eye of the Round Roast

Instead of turning the oven off after 20 minutes like they suggest, I left the oven on 350 for one hour, then turned it down to 200 for another hour and a half.

I used the drippings to make gravy. Typically roast is dry and chewy but this recipe made the meat moist and tender. Definitely the best roast ever!
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have seen this technique for prime rib roasts too. I will definitely try this.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • sistahmaryisissistahmaryisis Registered Users Posts: 157
    MMMMM . . . sounds soooo good. I love a good roast! I usually put my roast in the slow cooker and let it cook all day while I'm at work. It always comes out so juicy and tender! Here's what I do

I usually inject it with Tony Cachere's Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Then I roll it in a mixture of flour and garlic salt and brown it in an iron skillet on all sides. After doing that I just add the roast to the slow cooker along with baby carrots, mushrooms, and onions (I put the carrots under the roast and the onions and mushrooms on top). I add one can of golden mushroom soup and a half a can of water. I let it cook on low all day (usually 8 hours). When I get home the roast is done . . . but I use the drippings to make gravy. The way I do it is just to add Tony Cachere's Instant Brown Gravy straight to the liquid in the crock pot and stir it, adding more, until I get the consistency I like. It is SOOOOO yummy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file