My bad curly mom story...

Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Last night after I put Lydia to bed, she kept making fussing noises and then going back to sleep, which she does sometimes, so I just thought it was one of those nights. When I went to bed, she did this twice just as I was falling asleep and woke me back up. I was getting rather frustrated. :hmph:

Then I found a pile of hair clips in the bed by her head. I realized I'd put them in the pocket of my hoodie that morning when I pulled them out of my hair, and they fell out into the bed when I nursed her to sleep. I'm so glad she didn't wake up enough to try to eat them! :shock:

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    You aren't a bad mom...you just didn't realize the pins had fallen onto the bed.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aw! You're not a bad mom. I can assure you that you will pull worse things out of her mouth.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Aw, you're not a bad mom. I'm constantly having to remind myself that I can't leave stuff around because I have a baby- you'd think I'd remember by now. Wait a couple of weeks, you'll be fishing all kinds of things out of her mouth. Aidan is partial to paper, which I guess is ok since it's not particularly dangerous :tongue10:.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This morning, I got some kind of metal bracket out of D's mouth. We can't for the life of us figure out what it is, where it came from, or how he got it. I guess when a dresser falls apart, we'll know he's been dismantling the furniture.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Mine beats all- a THUMBTACK in his mouth! I about had a heart attack!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    My daughter swallowed a dime.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Mine grabbed a butcher's knife somehow and was running around with it with the blade pointing at him and we couldn't catch him or get it off him for a couple of minutes!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    We were at Lilly's 6 month check-up and she had just started rolling really well. I wasn't used her rolling and being up on a high surface and I turned my back for one second to put something down. She was almost off the examine table before I turned around. I absolutely don't turn my back from her now without sitting on her in the floor first!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I very distinctly remember, at the age of two, waking up from my nap and to find that one of my little clippies had fallen out of my hair. I put one in my mouth and swallowed it.

When my dad came in to get me up, he said, "where's your hair thing?"

I knew even then that swallowing things was bad, so I said, "I don't know, daddy."

Dad moved the bed, moved the blankets, moved the pillows, couldn't find it. He looked at me.

"Where is it?"

I point at my mouth.

...I spent some time sitting in a chair in the corner for that one. :P Not so much for eating the clip as for lying about it.
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bah. Don't beat yourself up about stuff like that. Every parent has a story like that. It's impossible to keep everything out of their reach at all times. Just do your best and be thankful for all the times you caught it in time.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    At 18 months, my oldest ate a piece of dried dishwasher detergent that he found stuck on the inside of the dishwasher as I was loading it. Caustics and bleach are the very worst things that kids can eat (and dishwasher detergent has both), because it burns their pipes all the way down. He vomitted profusely as he ate it, which probably saved him. The poison didn't actually get past his throat. It was a very scary trip to the hospital, and I felt like schmuck-mom-of-the-year.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    In a matter of like 4 seconds, mine crawled through my in laws doggy door and was running around the backyard by the pool. We were like, "Where is he?" and looked out the back door and saw him. My heart is still racing over that one! He loves water and if he had noticed the pool, he woudl have went STRAIGHT for it! AGHHHHH!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    These storing are terrifying and are making me want to put my kid in a bubble.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Kids are just too speedy. Last summer, DD and I were walking by the pool, holding hands. DH was already in the pool. I guess she wanted to go to daddy, because she just jumped on in. Thank goodness DH was only a few inches away, but that was the scariest 5 seconds of my life. I still see her little face under the water sometimes. The good thing was that she didn't panic and try to breathe...I was all set to have to put the CPR course I took to work.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

I think my original story wasn't clear enough. In addition to worrying about the choking hazard I created, I felt bad because I think she kept rolling her face into the pile of clips, which was making her fuss so much in her sleep.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

I think my original story wasn't clear enough. In addition to worrying about the choking hazard I created, I felt bad because I think she kept rolling her face into the pile of clips, which was making her fuss so much in her sleep.

I clearly understood your OP...still not a bad mommy. :flower:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file