Nooooo! My stylist is gone!!

meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
I have an appointment for a trim next Wednesday and I was so excited until I got a call a few minutes ago informing me that "_____ will no longer be doing hair here" and offering me 30% off with another stylist.
The split must not be amicable because it was so sudden and she couldn't tell me anything else and heck, he was part owner of the salon!

Now I'm nervous. I hope the new girl is good. It took me years to find someone who would do exactly what I wanted and do it well and be nice about it, not trying to talk me into other things.

And he was cute too!

*sob*
2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)

Comments

• Boots ElectricBoots Electric Posts: 8Registered Users
    Is there anyway you can find out where he went? Maybe ask another stylist you know there? That's what I would do. Or maybe start asking friends where they go. Sorry this happened to you. :(
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if you can put off your haircut for a bit, i'd wait -- i bet your old stylist will give you a call to tell you where he is. that's happened to me.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Yay! I got the call today. :) *whew*
    I'm still getting my cut on Wednesday, just a couple hours later. Gotta drive out to timbuktu to the interim salon he's at but I'm getting a little discount for that. Then he's opening his own place downtown in a few weeks. :thumbleft:

I'm so relieved. The only other time I've had a stylist move on me (who didn't leave town) was over 10 years ago and her old salon let me know where she would be until her new place opened up.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    that's great! sometimes you just have to 'sit tight,' and wait it out. i am sure he is very worth the drive.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file