CurlTalk

Anyone need a buddy? (last relaxer Aug 2008)...

DiscoveringMeAgainDiscoveringMeAgain Posts: 126Registered Users
I am looking for a buddy because this is MUCH harder than I anticipated and I'm going to need someone to kick me in the bottom every now and then.

I am very much in the learning stages or natural hair care and welcome any and all input.

Anyone up for the challenge? LOL

My last relaxer was August 8th 2008 and I hope that it stays that way FOREVER! :angel5:

Thanks!

Comments

• mixedbabymixedbaby Posts: 94Registered Users
    I jus joined the site and i am transitioning as well. My last relaxer was only ten weeks ago. We can share tips!
  • preddy_blakkpreddy_blakk Posts: 39Registered Users
    When do you plan to do ur BC?? I'm shooting for fall of this year :)

event.png

Last Relaxer: 10/18/2008

Probable BC : 10/10/2010
  • mamato2mamato2 Posts: 34Registered Users
    I think I am a 3c. How are you wearing your hair these days?
    I am looking for a buddy because this is MUCH harder than I anticipated and I'm going to need someone to kick me in the bottom every now and then.

I am very much in the learning stages or natural hair care and welcome any and all input.

My last relaxer was August 8th 2008 and I hope that it stays that way FOREVER! :angel5:

Thanks!

:angel11: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday you will have been all of these.
    --George Washington Carver
  • DiscoveringMeAgainDiscoveringMeAgain Posts: 126Registered Users

I plan to BC sometime before the new year. I was going for December 31st 2009, lol.

Who knows though. When in the fall do you plan to BC?
    mamato2 wrote: »
    I think I am a 3c. How are you wearing your hair these days?

Thanks!

I am wearing it in a bun mostly. That is the easiest way for me to limit the frustration, LOL.

How are you wearing your "DO"?
  • tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users

Thanks!

Welcome!! I recently joined this site too. Everyone here is really supportive and gives some good advice on transitioning.
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png

I plan to BC sometime before the new year. I was going for December 31st 2009, lol.

Who knows though. When in the fall do you plan to BC?

I was thinking around Oct. 17, which would make almost exactly a year of transitioning...but it really depends on if I feel like I can hold out longer than that,lol :p

event.png

I know what you mean about holding on. I don't want to chop too soon but I also want to have enough hair to "do" something with, lol.

This is where patience comes in handy, lol!

I'll just have to take care of my hair and wait it out I guess. :laughing5:

I am still trying to create a "system" or regimen but considering I've purchased darn near everything for "natural" hair I have to weed through all of it now.

I REALLY should have considered that when filling up my closet, lol!

How are you doing on the product front?
    :lurk:
    I actually haven't started shopping for natural hair products yet. I don't know think i'll start anytime soon though, but I do plan to have them sometime before I BC, so I'll keep u posted on my product buys until then.

event.png

• brownjaybrownjay Posts: 8Registered Users
    My last relaxer was July 15, 2008. I'm transitioning with a weave. I'm presently using Qhemet Amla & Olive - Heavy Cream to moisturize (I love this product). I sometimes use pure almond and coconut oil for my scalp. My regimen will consist of co-washing and a good hydrating leave-in conditioner.
  • heyitsmefeheyitsmefe Posts: 101Registered Users
    brownjay wrote: »
    My last relaxer was July 15, 2008. I'm transitioning with a weave. I'm presently using Qhemet Amla & Olive - Heavy Cream to moisturize (I love this product). I sometimes use pure almond and coconut oil for my scalp. My regimen will consist of co-washing and a good hydrating leave-in conditioner.

My last relaxer was July 3, 2008. I'm trying to hold on the BC at least until Nov of this year. Right now I have kinky twists in my hair.
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    My last relaxer was 09/19/08. I BC last Friday.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FQVCDiva%2F" class="Popup

Welcome!

Do you have a tentative chop date yet?

Have you tried any of the other Qhemet products yet?
    heyitsmefe wrote: »

My last relaxer was July 3, 2008. I'm trying to hold on the BC at least until Nov of this year. Right now I have kinky twists in my hair.

Welcome!

I see you have a date in mind... how exciting!
    How are you doing with the kinky twists? I thought about getting some but my hair dries out something awful with braids. Perhaps these are different....
    QVCDiva wrote: »
    My last relaxer was 09/19/08. I BC last Friday.

Congrats!!! :wav:
  • curlissimacurlissima Posts: 51Registered Users
    My last relax was July 21/08.

I was bunning for the first few months. i put in my first weave last friday. I'd love to have a buddy, too!

I hope to BC sometime in 2010!
    curlissima wrote: »
    My last relax was July 21/08.

I was bunning for the first few months. i put in my first weave last friday. I'd love to have a buddy, too!

I hope to BC sometime in 2010!

Welcome, welcome, welcome new transitioning buddy!

I am still bunning - not sure what else to do, lol- and so far so good. I do worry that I'm putting too much strain on my hair.

How did you bun?
    heyitsmefe wrote: »

Welcome!

I see you have a date in mind... how exciting!
    How are you doing with the kinky twists? I thought about getting some but my hair dries out something awful with braids. Perhaps these are different....

This is the first time I have had kinky twists. I'm so proud of myself I put them in myself after watching YOUtube videos. Overall, my hair is doing pretty good...I've been spraying an olive oil mix in my hair to keep it moisturized...and its working :lol:.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fheyitsmefe%2F" class="Popup
  • SugarNutsSugarNuts Posts: 250Registered Users
    Hey,

I recently joined this site too. I stopped relaxing my hair in either May or June. Actually, I received my last relaxer around that time frame. I can't really pinpoint the exact month. I finally decided to never relax my hair again within the last two to three weeks. I weaved my hair in August for my vacation. I went back every 1 to 2 months for treatments, trims, and sewn in weaves. My last weave was in December. I am taking it out next week in order to wear my natural hair.

I am not sure whether there is any relaxed hair left. Honestly, I don't want to go through the big chop. Do I have to? My hair dresser would literally cut/trim between 1-2.5 inches of my hair at each visit. I believe (hoping) that most (if not all) relaxed hair is gone.

Since making this decision, I've been harassing my mother. I haven't seen my natural hair in 16 years. I am 28. LOL, she doesn't remember it too! She did remind me that my hair was long, thick, soft, and manageable as a child.

I am also in need of a transitioning buddy. I've been using my natural best girlfriend as a support system. Then, I have my other chemically processed friend scaring the crap out of me at work each day. She keeps telling me that my hair is going to fall out. She means well, but the idea of natural is so foreign to her.

I don't know what my hair is going to look like next week. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. I hope that I don't look like a "hot mess" next week. LOL!
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FSugarNuts" class="Popup (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
    SugarNuts wrote: »
    Hey,

I recently joined this site too. I stopped relaxing my hair in either May or June. Actually, I receive my last relaxer around that time frame. I can't really pinpoint the exact month. I finally decided to never relax my hair again within the last two to three weeks. I weaved my hair in August for my vacation. I went back every 1 to 2 months for treatments, trims, and sewn in weaves. My last weave was in December. I am taking it out next week in order to wear my natural hair.

I am not sure whether there is any relaxed hair left. Honestly, I don't want to go through the big chop. Do I have to? My hair dresser would literally cut/trim between 1-2.5 inches of my hair at each visit. I believe (hoping) that most (if not all) relaxed hair is gone.

Since making this decision, I've been harassing my mother. I haven't seen my natural hair in 16 years. I am 28. LOL, she doesn't remember it too! She did remind me that my hair was long, thick, soft, and manageable as a child.

I am also in need of a transitioning buddy. I've been using my natural best girlfriend as a support system. Then, I have my other chemically processed friend scaring the crap out of me at work each day. She keeps telling me that my hair is going to fall out. She means well, but the idea of natural is so foreign to her.

I don't know what my hair is going to look like next week. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. I hope that I don't look like a "hot mess" next week. LOL!

Welcome aboard! NC is definitely the place for encouragement. Everyone here seems to really motivate and guide you through the transitioning process--I think if I wouldn't have found this site my hair would really be in bad condition and I probably would have given up.

Anywho, I'm sure your hair won't look a "hot mess" just experiment with different styles that work for you. Everybody has the staple style that they are using for their transition...braid out, twists out, bantu knots, bunning, etc. GOOD LUCK!

www.fotki.com/heyitsmefe
    SugarNuts wrote: »
    Hey,

I recently joined this site too. I stopped relaxing my hair in either May or June. Actually, I received my last relaxer around that time frame. I can't really pinpoint the exact month. I finally decided to never relax my hair again within the last two to three weeks. I weaved my hair in August for my vacation. I went back every 1 to 2 months for treatments, trims, and sewn in weaves. My last weave was in December. I am taking it out next week in order to wear my natural hair.

Welcome to the buddy group!

I think it's great that you've been doing mini-chops along your journey. I would but I'm not that brave either, lol.

I too am pretty sure your hair won't look like a hot mess... however, if it does just deep condition with steam and LOTS of LOVE! :lol:
    How's it going buddies?

I recently tried Jane Carter's Nourish&Shine and it's GREAT!

What's working for you ladies nowadays?

Just being nosey.... LOL
  • retromariretromari Posts: 79Registered Users
    Hello all!

I'm in my 11th month of transitioning! I'm really proud of myself for making it this long. Whew! It's been rough at times, but definitely worthwhile! I'm thinking of chopping off my remaining relaxed ends next month.

Best wishes on your natural hair journey! I look forward to sharing hair experiences and encouragement! :happy7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Natural since May 2009
    Goal: Thick Hair. Healthy Hair. BIG Hair!

The reason I begged my mom for a relaxer back in the 90's:
    PCJ No Lye Relaxer commericals !
    Welcome, welcome, welcome Oatmeal!

Keep us posted as your transition comes to a close..

Thank you for joining our group.
    oatmeal wrote: »
    Hello all!

I'm in my 11th month of transitioning! I'm really proud of myself for making it this long. Whew! It's been rough at times, but definitely worthwhile! I'm thinking of chopping off my remaining relaxed ends next month.

Best wishes on your natural hair journey! I look forward to sharing hair experiences and encouragement! :happy7:
  • roni64roni64 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Hi everyone,

I've been transitioning since about july 08 and its so weird dealing with two types of hair on my head. I just joined this site because ive been getting really impacient. I know i have to wait

Anyway, im not so sure what to use on my curly hair. Ive been getting relaxers since elementary school (im in college now) and my mom still gets relaxers. (nothing wrong with that of course, we have different types of hair) Just wondering if you ladies have any ideas. I think the new hair is 4c, but i only have a few inches, so i dont know

Im excited for my new hair and this website to help me take care of it!!!
    Transitioning from july 08 to june 09
    Growing it out to midback by college graduation (may 2012)
    Prob 3b/3c :love10:
    roni64 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've been transitioning since about july 08 and its so weird dealing with two types of hair on my head. I just joined this site because ive been getting really impacient. I know i have to wait

Anyway, im not so sure what to use on my curly hair. Ive been getting relaxers since elementary school (im in college now) and my mom still gets relaxers. (nothing wrong with that of course, we have different types of hair) Just wondering if you ladies have any ideas. I think the new hair is 4c, but i only have a few inches, so i dont know

Im excited for my new hair and this website to help me take care of it!!!

Welcome to the group and the site!

I know exactly what you mean about patience as I've had to "apply" it daily as I would a moisturizer, lol.
    Although dealing with two different textures can quite literally be a pain, you've come to the right place to learn how to make the process more knowledgeable and pleasant.

How are you currently doing your hair?
  • trueTtrueT Posts: 83Registered Users
    i'll be your buddy to nervous to ask for one myself. I new here myself just log on 3-2-09 I be natural since sept 2008 last relaxer was when i was 12 never had one since. always trimmed my hair but burned it a lot with pressing comb and flat irons. before i went natural i look at my stringy hair and said do it do it that when i put my hair in a pony tail and cut majority of it off.
    love my hair for what it is not what it should be
    4a 4b
    My routine till March 29:
    Individual braids
    event.png

event.png

• poztivchicapoztivchica Posts: 14Registered Users
    hi everyone i found this site when i began my search for the best conditioner for my hair i started my transition in october of 2008 (well re-transition)...my story is a bit different i was already natural and was getting tired of it and wanted to soften it and that was the worst decision i made now i am back to square one...but i am ok about it all....i found some info about cassia and it conditioing effects i actually did my first application today and was quite pleased...i am happy that there is a group as such...presently i wear wigs and is tryin to decide if i should do sewins .....still haven't decided .....hopefully soon.....well i am looking forward to be apart of this group