S/O What are you tired of hearing?

ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
Wipe my bum.

I'm hungry.

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Super? Super? Okay!! Okay!! [This is how he asks me to turn on his favorite show Super Why.]

Read! [while thrusting a book in your general direction]
    ehLB.jpg
  • MagooMagoo Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mommy?...Mommy?... Mommy?...Mommy?
    (Mommy doesn't live here anymore!:p)
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    "I want. I want. I need. I need. I'm hungry (every 5 minutes."

I have an almost 13 year old so it never stops. :happy6:
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    "awww man!"
    and
    "no fair!"
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Curl Neophyte Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    "I'm hungry" - I swear these kids eat 4 meals by 10am.

"Annie! Annie!" - this one I'm kind of torn on. My 1 year old is suddenly obsessed with Annie. Although it's absolutely ADORABLE that she yells for Annie all day, and watches the whole thing, only making noise to sing and dance along --- it does get irritating when we have a screaming fit when we're NOT watching it.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    "I need money".
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    "Tartar sauce!!"
    "Why do I have to do everything?"
    "But I'm sleepy!"
    3c/4a
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    "lay down? lay down? lay down!"

"vitamin" (which she pronounces "minaman")- she loves taking a vitamin and would eat them 24/7 if she could.

"ah-ah. brobee. baby. doogie. cup. yagi." - her entourgae of lovies. she requests them when she lays down, goes to bed, and rides in the car.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Aai!! Aai!! Aai!! (Indian word for Mom)
    You have to share. You have to take turns. (which is the polite preschooler way of saying "gimme!")
    I want juice.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Curl Novice Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    "No, thanks!" (my daughter says this b/c she thinks if she says "thanks", she won't have to do what I tell her to)

"That's MY ___________________!"

"I'm hungry."

"Give that back!"

Yup, my child is a bossy person.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.Mom. Mom. Mom." (my daughter is relentless)
    "Can I have [insert whatever comes to mind] for my birthday?"
    "I'm hungry"
    "But it only costs..."
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    "Cow. Cow? Cow! Cooooooooow!!!!! Cow. Cow cow cow cowcowcowcowcowcow." - He freakin' loves cows(in real life and on TV)
    "Fee fee!" (His lovie blanket with a head)
    "Fisssssss!" (Goldfish)
    "NO." Every single answer for any question is "NO."
    "Shelli!" I swear I have no idea how he put it all together that my name is that!" It drives me crazy! We say- MOMMY! he says "Mommy is Shelli" I guess if he ever gets lost (God forbid), that will be helpful to know.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    She's touching me.

She's looking at me.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    You're holding her too much. You're spoiling her. Don't co-sleep. Does she sleep through the night? When are you going to wean her to formula?

Et cetera
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Curl Novice Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    How can you spoil a 4 month old? It's not possible. Have you kicked any of these people in the kneecaps yet, Iris?
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    How can you spoil a 4 month old? It's not possible. Have you kicked any of these people in the kneecaps yet, Iris?

LOL I just ignore and keep on parenting the way I think is right. But yeah, it's amazing how many people think you can spoil an infant, or that you need to sleep-train your newborn or force them onto a feeding schedule.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Ahhh my condolences iris. Solomon still doesn't have too many words yet so I'm not sick of anything he says, but I'm with iris on being sick of what everyone else has to say. For me it's....

"He's still nursing?" - lots of people

"You know the best way to get a baby to sleep? Put him in his crib and turn off the intercom!" - my dad

"You can't hold him all the time" - my MIL, back before Sol was mobile

"Is he sleeping through the night?" - strangers making conversation, but I haven't heard this one in a while because I think by Sol's age people just assume he's sleeping through the night (even though he's not)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    When random people ask me if he's sleeping through the night, I laugh. Not in a rude way, but enough to let them know...

I don't get as many of the annoying comments this time around. Maybe because I often have extra children in tow who clearly haven't perished from my parenting, I look like I might know what I'm doing? I don't know. I know I don't miss the 'advice'.
  • KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    <bang bang bang> on the bathroom door.

For pete's sake, I go in there several times every day and always come out within a couple of minutes. Why is it such a tragedy? :lol:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kaia wrote: »
    <bang bang bang> on the bathroom door.

For pete's sake, I go in there several times every day and always come out within a couple of minutes. Why is it such a tragedy? :lol:

My siblings and I used to pass notes to my mom under the bathroom door. My dad came home one day to find us all in the bathroom with her. I can now sympathize with her in ways I never could before. :toothy9:
  • notsonappynotsonappy Posts: 71Registered Users
    mommy look

i just want to tell you something *when you have just told him to do something he doesnt want to do*

im hungry
    Not So Nappy
    going natural since Feb 2008 *at least*

FOTKIIIIIII = lovemyhair

Hair blog : NotSoNappy @ Vox
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Curl Connoisseur Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had to bump this up with one that's been bothering me:

"Where did he get the blond hair?"

I'm so tired of explaining that I was blond until I was about 6 and that DH had reddish blond hair as a boy. And that DH's father was blond as a boy, as was my grandfather.

I know I can just say, "from ME" and leave it at that, but people are all like, "Really? How did that happen?" etc. It gets tiresome.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Fuzz- as the only redhead in my entire family- I have heard that crap alllllllllll my life! It never gets less annoying.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    My poor mom was strawberry-blonde as a child and her hair darkened to brown. My sister was strawberry-blonde and my hair was/is red. Someone once asked my mom where we got our red hair and she told them hers used to be red. They looked at her brown hair and said rudely "What happened?" So she said "I wash it in $hit every day to get it to look like this" and walked away.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Curl Connoisseur Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    My poor mom was strawberry-blonde as a child and her hair darkened to brown. My sister was strawberry-blonde and my hair was/is red. Someone once asked my mom where we got our red hair and she told them hers used to be red. They looked at her brown hair and said rudely "What happened?" So she said "I wash it in $hit every day to get it to look like this" and walked away.

HAHAHAHA! Now there is a comeback! I just burst out laughing.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Fuzzbucket, I am so tired of people asking me where my daughter got her red hair. I just don't know. Her hair is very, very, red (really orange). That is all people ask us, they look at me like I am insane when I tell them no one on either side has red hair.

I really think my poor daughter, who is very shy, is getting a complex about this, and I don't know what to do about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file