Breast pumps

sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
How long is the lifespan of an electric breast pump? How can you tell if they're getting worn out?

I have an Ameda Purely Yours double electric pump. I use it about 1-2 times per day to get enough expressed milk for when I'm working (part-time). I feel like it might be getting less powerful, and I'm not pumping as much milk as I used to. Sometimes the motor sounds kind of worn out while it's running. Before this baby, I used it full-time with Connor for about 4 months. I got it from my sister who used it with her two babies, but I'm not sure how much she pumped before she switched to formula feeding. Could that be enough use to wear it out?

If this breast pump is getting too worn out, I'll buy a new one if necessary. But since I'm not pumping too much, I might look at single electric pumps or other cheaper options.
ehLB.jpg

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    You probably already did this, but have you changed the membrane thingies (those flexible cups) and the valves? That made a world of difference for me.

I have the same pump. Its 3 years old and has been through 3 kids, but not daily use. I *think* its still going ok.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file