This is not working!

ester80ester80 Registered Users Posts: 78
I've been working out for about three months now. I've been doing pilates almost every day M-F, jogging first 2 miles and then 3 miles M-F (except for last week). But I have not lost a friking pound!!!!!! I'm 5'2 weight 105, I know that doesn't sound like a lot but it is mostly fat, I'm over 30 % fat and I hate it! I want to be tone!!

I thought it was working until I went to the mall today, I was in the dressing room at A&F and the lighting showed me all the cottage cheese I want to ever see! I mean I looked nasty, but when I'm at home I don't see this! I'm so bumped! I know that I need to stop eating out on the weekends but I never looked this bad before!
With clothes I look skinny, but with it off not so much. Does anybody have any advice on how to lose weight!

Comments

• ester80ester80 Registered Users Posts: 78
    Oh here is what I eat today:

breakfast:
    strawberry and bannana smootie which also has fat free yogurt and mango juice.

snack:
    trail mix with out the M&Ms

Lunch:

once slice of wholewheat bread with peanutbutter and mango juice

snack:
    small carrots

dinner:
    rice with lean ground beef and cheddar cheese all mixed together

I drink water thru out the day.

Am I eating too much?
  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    You need to eat more at lunchtime and lift weights.
    I should, though I'm pretty full after I eat the slice of bread, I fold it in half and the bread is thick.

Cherish, I checked out the link you posted for bodyweight work outs on another topic. I'm so excited about it, I'm going to try it tomorrow!!! I've been getting so bored with running and I need some cardio, the website said that the bodyweight work outs are also cardio. So I'm going to do that with my pilates every day, 6 days a week and try to eat better.

I hope that works!
    Awesome! Post updates :D
    I've been doing the bodyweight exercises now for two days. My body is sore, but don't feel like I got a cardio workout. I didn't sweat or anything.
    I think I might have to incorporate some running or jumping jacks or something to this program.
  • ladypladyp Registered Users Posts: 40
    You may not be eating enough. and your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to the fat.
    :x man, why those the body have to be so complicated. I wish I can go back to when I didn't have to worry about my diet! now that I'm in my twenties I have to work on it! Ok, so I probably have to eat more...I will try.
    Add a yogurt or banana or some nuts at lunchtime. It doesn't have to be huge.
  • ladypladyp Registered Users Posts: 40
    ester80 wrote:
    :x man, why those the body have to be so complicated. I wish I can go back to when I didn't have to worry about my diet! now that I'm in my twenties I have to work on it! Ok, so I probably have to eat more...I will try.

Amen to that. I wish I could go back to the days when I could eat as much as I wanted and not gain any wait. sigh. oh well yeah by time I turned 21 those good old days were over. booo
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    You may want to consider consulting with a personal trainer to help you reach your goals. I know they can be pricey, but sometimes your gym will offer financing options.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with ladyp that you might not be eating enough calories.

Use this website to determine how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html

Sometimes it is hard to determine how many calories some things have... Try this website for those that are hard (ex. fruit).

http://www.craftmax.com/calories/

Personally I don't think you need to lose weight just replace the fat with muscle and you will see a huge difference. To do this you are headed in the right direction by weight training. I use to do cardio all the time but could never lose the fat or weight. Once I cut back on the cardio (twice a week) and started lifting 3 to 4 days a week I noticed a diifference in about a month and even more changes around two months. You may not feel like your getting a good cardio workout by weight training but it's a different type of cardio. Once you learn all the weight positions you will start to move faster and lift more. Try not to take a long break between sets ( try a minute break between setst). You will notice that you sweat more and need to breath.

One other thing that might help is to take measurements of your hips, thighs waist etc. Most of time this is not needed because you should be able to tell when your clothes become too big. Also, you might put on a few pounds before losing. The muscle will build up under the fat first and then the fat will begin to burn. Try not to become discouraged if you see this...just keep gong knowing it's working. :)

Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Sorry this is so long. Just wanted to share everything I know because it can be frusterating to work out and not see results. :) I've been in your shoes.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    ester80 wrote:
    I should, though I'm pretty full after I eat the slice of bread, I fold it in half and the bread is thick.

Cherish, I checked out the link you posted for bodyweight work outs on another topic. I'm so excited about it, I'm going to try it tomorrow!!! I've been getting so bored with running and I need some cardio, the website said that the bodyweight work outs are also cardio. So I'm going to do that with my pilates every day, 6 days a week and try to eat better.

I hope that works!

Can you please post this link again? I've been searching for it but can't find it. :( Thanks!
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • emergeemerge Registered Users Posts: 1
    I just joined Sparkspeople.com & it's awesome & free

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file