Flax Seed Gel buildup

eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
I asked this in another thread by Rhymorg but didn't want to guano her thread so I'll ask it here.

I read on the LHCForums super long catnip thread where ktani said "After chamomile and my linden tea disaster, I avoid these things in a plant - mucilage, polysaccharides, resins - all of them can build up on hair."

Isn't Linden the same as Flax Seed? If so is buildup something to worry about when using Flax Seed Gel daily? Or is the acidity in a Catnip rinse or ACV rinse and the fact that FSG is water soluable enough to counteract the buildup? Or will lo-poo or no-poo take care of any buildup from these resins?
< member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]

Comments

• mpgirlmpgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,163
    No. Linden is one of three English names for the tree genus Tilia (also known as lime and basswood).

I think you might be confusing Linden with Linseed. Linseed and Flaxseed IS the same.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, great. Thank you both for your insight.

I'm alternating between co-wash with White Rain Citrus Conditioner (really want to find a co-wash that's natural with lots of slip) and kathymack's poo bars. I then do the catnip rinse followed by Body Shop's Cottonseed Curl Boost then FSG. I'm hoping I can eventually pair this down to only all natural products. For DTs I use AOHR and/or GPB.

Right now my hair is almost APL and I'm shooting for BSL so I only do S&Ds occasionally. I'd like to wait another year or so to get a Deva cut.

Thanks for the help and feel free to suggest products if you wish.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • shawnetteshawnette Registered Users Posts: 482 Curl Neophyte
    eche428 wrote: »
    ...is buildup something to worry about when using Flax Seed Gel daily? ...

I use flax seed gel daily and have not experienced any buildup. I co-wash 2-3 times a week with Suave Naturals and any "product" I have in my hair washes right out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file