What to do when I go to the salon...shampoo?

samscar78samscar78 Posts: 13Registered Users
When I go for my haircut, they always wash my hair before the cut... now that I am CG, do I ask for no shampoo? Or do I let them shampoo me and just "start over" from there??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Samantha
3b curls..thick & frizzy but manageable
CG since 1/13/09
CoWash: Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
Conditioner: VivePro Hydragloss Conditioner
Style: Redken Gel 16
Redken Water Wax 03
(Suave Naturals for clarifying also)
Wedding: 4/18/09!

Comments

• aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    samscar78 wrote: »
    When I go for my haircut, they always wash my hair before the cut... now that I am CG, do I ask for no shampoo? Or do I let them shampoo me and just "start over" from there??

If you have a low-poo or something you feel comfortable with them using that has no cones, that's what I and others have done in the past. A lot of them will want to shampoo your hair to get a clean slate- but to ensure they don't deposit a bunch of cones (which they probably will anyway when they style it) bring your own products, and leave without them styling your hair or ask them to not use products if you don't want to bring in your own. If you're uncomfortable asking them to use your own stuff, you can always say that you have sensitivity issues :toothy4:. Good luck with the new cut!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• fuzzyduckfuzzyduck Posts: 50Registered Users
    I got my hair cut today and just let them do whatever they wanted. Then I got home, clarified, co-washed and re-styled with my own stuff. For me it was a good move because my stylist showed me a good way of doing my hair to make it more curly and I wanted to see if I could re-create what he'd done so wanted to wash it again anyway.
  • winniewinnie Posts: 5Registered Users
    i told my stylist that i am a no-poo girl... he was thrilled and going to suggest that if i use shampoo to stop! he said lots of his clients are no-poo... so he co-washed my hair and gave me a great head massage too! :)
  • theloulatheloula Posts: 23Registered Users
    I take my own products in with me if I am in the midst of using something special or conditioner washing only. No one has ever refused to use them. I just explain that I don't use shampoo, and don't use silicone products because of wearing my hair curly. The only place I was told that I had to use shampoo was over at the beauty school (health regulations), and I chose not to have my hair done there.

:)
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Shampoo'ing isn't mandatory for a haircut. The hair only needs to be wet. If you were getting a perm, then yes, you'd need to be clarified. But for a haircut? No. Just have them wet your hair down in the sink and you'll be golden. :)
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file