Advice on curly hairdressers in NE England?

curlybroosecurlybroose Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi there,

I only just joined - I got a bit emotional suddenly discovering so many people out there who share my experience! I can't believe it.

I finally found an amazing hairdresser called Katja who changed my life for 3 years, at a place called Vision in East London (UK), but I've been overseas for a year, and she has now moved on. Its nice to think that you will all understand how completely gutted I am.

Now I've moved to York (UK), and been going through the 'avoiding getting it cut' period, that typical thing of 'ignore it, and perhaps it will suddenly re-style itself and stop growing'. Need to pluck up courage.

I could go to Unruly which people have recommended in London, but just thought I'd check if anybody knows a good (trendy) curly cutter in York/Leeds/Harrogate ? I want someone who is good with curls, but who also understands A-symmetrical hairstyles and funky stuff like that.

thanks

Comments

• janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    Hello and yes, we all completely understand!

There's an excellent hairdresser in York called David. He was previously at Alquimia Spa but now has his own place - Snowgoose made the original recommendation and then she managed to track him down when he moved. He is good: put it this way, I am prepared to travel from Manchester to York to have my hair cut.

His current salon:
    http://www.davidwilsonhair.com/

Thread about the old salon:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=46314

My first haircut in over a year:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=51023

Hope that helps :)
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • kema1vkema1v Posts: 107Registered Users
    :help: Is it unreasonable to travel from Oxford to York for a haircut? I had been thinking of trying Unruly but he has quite a few negative reviews. I think I need to organise a meeting in York to give me the excuse to go!

Unless anyone knows a good hairdresser in the south?
    Hair type: 2c-M-ii with extra frizz
  • JorgelinaJorgelina Posts: 169Registered Users
    Anyone know of a curly hairdresser in Newcastle, btw?
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..."

Instagram

Twitter

Flickr

My album

My Hair Timeline
  • curlybroosecurlybroose Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you SO much! This is great news, and quite a surprise - I was expecting to have to travel. I am booking an appointment asap, and controlling the nerves / excitement.
    I will let you know how it goes.
    kema1v wrote: »
    :help: Is it unreasonable to travel from Oxford to York for a haircut? I had been thinking of trying Unruly but he has quite a few negative reviews. I think I need to organise a meeting in York to give me the excuse to go!

Unless anyone knows a good hairdresser in the south?

York is a lovely place for a short break - which then gives you an excuse to go to the hairdressers!
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Thank you SO much! This is great news, and quite a surprise - I was expecting to have to travel. I am booking an appointment asap, and controlling the nerves / excitement.
    I will let you know how it goes.

Brilliant! Let us know how you get on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights