CurlTalk

I LOVE it! Updated Fotki with pictures

alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
I love my new haircut and the new color. I went out tonight and am totally exhausted. I will post pictures and update some more over the weekend.

:P

ETA: A few pictures are in Fotki now.
We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    aw, i want to see! :D

i'm glad you like it!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • PortaePortae Posts: 337Registered Users
    Did you go as short as you planned? I can't wait to see the pics!
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm really happy you like it. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    It felt SO good to take a shower and have the water hit my scalp this morning. I am loving this cut.

I got it cut very short. She cut the sides and the back a little shorter (like ANTM's Jade) than I wanted but my hair still curls up in these cute little ringlets. The top was left a little longer which is good because the weight allows the ringlets/corkscrews to fall down instead of standing on my head. It is funny that the curls clump up a lot more that they are shorter. What is the deal with that? You guys are right that the hair texture changes. I finally have corkscrews and not the s shaped hair I get when I have longer hair.

The color is two shades lighter than my natural color. It is sort of an auburn.

My fiance is not liking it so much. He says it makes me look so different and he misses my longer hair. Tough, buddy! LOL He will get used to it. I am sure if he sees how much I love it, it will grow on him.

All of the women who have seen it tell me they love how it makes my features stand out but the guys like it longer. What is it with men and long hair?

So, where are the pictures?!! No pictures loaded yet. I am having trouble loading pictures on Fotki from my lap top. :?

I will try again later. I may have to resize them even smaller.

Now it is time to buy some new sassy earrings. I think I am going to go with a drop earring instead of hoops. I have a nice neck and I think the drop earrings will look better.

Thanks everyone for helping me along! I am loving my short hair.

br-flag1.gif
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users
    Cehua: Can't wait to see your pics!!! Your cut sounds adorable and, more importantly, sounds like you love it. :D
    susu wrote:
    Cehua: Can't wait to see your pics!!! Your cut sounds adorable and, more importantly, sounds like you love it. :D

I do love it! It is cute and sassy just in time for the warm weather!

Yesterday I was afraid that I was going to chicken out. I kept my eyes closed until the last piece of long hair fell. :lol:

br-flag1.gif
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    You're making me want to cut my hair! Must resist!

Cehua wrote:
    All of the women who have seen it tell me they love how it makes my features stand out but the guys like it longer. What is it with men and long hair?

Somebody should be given a grant to do research about this. It's undeniable that men have a thing for longer hair but I can't figure out why? Maybe not all of them do; just every man I've encountered. It's weird.

As long as you're in love with it, that's all that matters. I bet it's beautiful!
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    I'm so thrilled that you are loving your cut! Can't wait to see pics! :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • DocDoc Posts: 367Registered Users
    I'm so glad that you're pleased with the outcome. There's nothing like wearing a hairstyle that makes you feel good.
    I can't wait to see the pictures :D
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • curlycovrgirlcurlycovrgirl Posts: 153Registered Users
    i'm so happy you love your new cut!! Now I want to cut my hair super short!!!!
    can't wait to see pictures! :D
    3c/4a - Relaxer Free since Feburary 2004 and Obsessed with my hair.

I have pictures now! password: curlygirl
  • NatakueNatakue Posts: 319Registered Users
    yay, cehua! i'm sure it looks great! i can't wait to see it! :D
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    cant wait to see it
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    congratulations!!

im glad that you love it!
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    I am on pins and needles! I can't wait to see your pics!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Curlies, I am still having Fotki trouble. I am going to try another computer later today to see if the problem is with my lap top.

I was just looking at the back and the bottom half is completely straight and will not curl. :? Is it just too short to curl? What can I do to camouflage this? And it is not gradual either. It goes from corkscrews to straight hair. All of my different textures are very noticeable now. That is the only thing I am not thrilled about.

br-flag1.gif
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    So glad you love it! I bet it is very pretty.

Are the straight pieces long enough to hold a finger wave or be finger curled?

How about those long skinny ear-rings (I forget their name - they're little long rectangles that hang down from the ears - very elegant. You could also rock some gorgeous diamond studs.)

Post the pics!!!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Cehua wrote:
    Curlies, I am still having Fotki trouble. I am going to try another computer later today to see if the problem is with my lap top.

I was just looking at the back and the bottom half is completely straight and will not curl. :? Is it just too short to curl? What can I do to camouflage this? And it is not gradual either. It goes from corkscrews to straight hair. All of my different textures are very noticeable now. That is the only thing I am not thrilled about.

Give it two weeks, it will start to flip up :wink:
    Curli's pics
  • sugarhoneyicedteasugarhoneyicedtea Posts: 44Registered Users
    Your hair sounds so pretty Cehua. I'm glad that you love it. I can't wait to see the pictures.
    OS Spongy, Fine, 3c, with patches of 4a in the back.

Blended Beauty Type: 3b2 & 3b7

Big Chop: March 17, 2005
    Last Relaxer: December 24, 2004
  • AnnannAnnann Posts: 36Registered Users
    Woohoo! I'm so glad you love it and because you do, you'll carry it w/confidence!
    Pictures have been loaded in the "Before and After" folder. The password is hair.

I had the hardest time getting the pictures on Fotki. Right now I have two pictures loaded but will add more when I have access to a different computer.

Thanks, Amneris. I tried finger curling the back and that helped some. I think it needs to grow more.

I bought earrings like these:

A0401658274259_v1_m56577569830936600.jpg

I need to practice with different looks. I tried to do a finger-wave but failed miserably. How are those done?

br-flag1.gif
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Looks very pretty, Cehua.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Awesome! I can't see how it looks with your face, but I'm sure you look hot!

Thanks for sharing. :D
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Beautiful! :)

Your hair does curl more now. It's amazing how differently our can look with a cut.

As for fingerwaves, what did you use to try to make/set them? When I had them done a long time ago, my sister used a fine-tooth comb and just smoothed the comb in the direction she wanted to go(using gel to set). With each swirl/wave, she used her fingers to set the wave and sometimes used bobby pins to keep them in place. Then I sat under a hooded dryer until dry. HTH

BTW, love those earrings!
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    I love it too! :D The corkscrews look so good. And short hair is so stylish IMO. The color looks nice and natural on you too. Congratualtions!

I replied in your poll thread too about how I used to style my hair when it was short. (Simply brushing it wet with product in it, and sometimes using those soft headbands to create deep waves.)

Have fun with it, gurl!
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    Wow, you're brave!

I love the little curlies. 8)
    urbancurl wrote:
    I replied in your poll thread too about how I used to style my hair when it was short. (Simply brushing it wet with product in it, and sometimes using those soft headbands to create deep waves.)

Have fun with it, gurl!

What a great idea. I have not thought of using the headbands for that. Does it matter which headbands? I tried the brushing when wet thing. I got a shellacked Josephine Baker look. :oops:

Shyygirl, I tried combing it and then putting clips where my hair waved. I did not push up the wave. I will try doing that. What do you do with the back of your head? How is that finger-waved?

Thank you for the compliment curlies. Although I like my cut, it feels good to hear nice things about it, too. :D

ETA: I do not know why my album says, "Gender: Would rather not say." :? That is odd. :lol:

br-flag1.gif
    The curls look so shiny and spirally! It looks really nice!

Fingerwaves.... I always use a fine toothed metal comb and lots of gel, and I press the comb into wet hair against the scalp and lay my finger against the scalp a couple of inches behind the comb, and then very slowly wiggle the comb through the hair pressing in with the side of my finger to create waves. You can then insert flat metal wave clips against the head at each bend to set them. You can part your hair different ways and do the whole head for special occassions.

Those are some very pretty ear-rings.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Cehua wrote:
    ETA: I do not know why my album says, "Gender: Would rather not say." :? That is odd. :lol:

Maybe someone hacked your Fotki :P

.png

534Pm5.png

Very cute! Enjoy your new do! I know it feels great.
    Curli's pics