Does anyone still use grease?

Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
I was wondering if anyone still uses grease in there hair. I do and so does EVERYONE in my family along with all my friends.

How on this board uses grease/pomade??

Comments

• MsladiiMsladii Posts: 442Registered Users
    I use grease.... It just doens't have petroleum or mineral oil.. but i still consider it grease!
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT WILL BE ABOUT NATURAL HAIR CARE / STYLES / TUTORIALS AND COSMETICS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simplycliche

"Shrinkage is only your hair trying to get closer to you...embrace it."
    O, medium/course, spongy, mass of beautiful curly hair

event.png

pswd rawks
  • Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
    what kind do you use?
  • CreationCreation Posts: 48Registered Users
    Some people use Coconut oil which is kinda like a grease. I personally have bad luck with grease though.
    Righteousness isn't what you do it's a gift!

I'm still trying to find out what my hair type is!!
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Sometimes I'll use it on my hair but not on my scalp. I do this if I want my hair to 'stay down'.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Posts: 529Registered Users
    i really like carols daughter HHB and ashas mane attraction...i think those would qualify as grease! pomade? same thing, lol.
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
  • DocDoc Posts: 367Registered Users
    Msladii wrote:
    I use grease.... It just doens't have petroleum or mineral oil.. but i still consider it grease!

same here.
    I use coconut oil, and recently I tried Qhemet's sidr tree balm; it's wonderful. The consistency reminds me of softened butter. This product will be one of my staples.
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    I do. I use myhoneychild sophia old fashioned hair grease. My hair does very well with grease (without petro and mineral jelly) if I add it in while wet. Actually, I might do that tomorrow along with a leave-in after I CW and see what that looks like. I used nature's blessing pomade grease on my ends (not scalp) all during my transition.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
    I was meaning to try the Natures Blessing soon! I read in someones album that this grew there hair out like crazy and my moms friend uses it on her daughters hair and it is so long and healthy.
  • MsladiiMsladii Posts: 442Registered Users
    I use Organics by Africas Best Horsetail and rosemary... Extra Light

I use it on my scalp, because it tends to be very dry.. my hair is never dry.. but my scalp.. always...

And I use Bees Wax when I need it to lay flat
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT WILL BE ABOUT NATURAL HAIR CARE / STYLES / TUTORIALS AND COSMETICS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simplycliche

"Shrinkage is only your hair trying to get closer to you...embrace it."
    O, medium/course, spongy, mass of beautiful curly hair

event.png

pswd rawks
  • doctoramorenadoctoramorena Posts: 44Registered Users
    Cheleigh wrote:
    I do. I use myhoneychild sophia old fashioned hair grease. My hair does very well with grease (without petro and mineral jelly) if I add it in while wet. Actually, I might do that tomorrow along with a leave-in after I CW and see what that looks like. I used nature's blessing pomade grease on my ends (not scalp) all during my transition.

Hmm where do you find nature's blessing products??? :D
    Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Luke 12:7a

Don't remove the kinks from your hair; remove them from your brain! Marcus Garvey

Last CFC Dec 23 '05 BC: june 23 '06! http://public.fotki.com/doctoramorena/
    Cheleigh wrote:

Hmm where do you find nature's blessing products??? :D

http://www.houseofnubian.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/30086.html

Its cheaper at the bss though =/
    I bought the natures blessing pomade today....it smells really good and it natural (except for the mineral jelly)
  • CurlyLdyDTCurlyLdyDT Posts: 72Registered Users
    I use grease. It's Allways. There are 2 kinds-- one is Castor Oil and the other is the herbal formula with bits of herbs in it. I use it to ward off "humidity swell" and it gives a great sheen without making your hair feel greasy. I use on DD and DS's hair. It also has a light vanilla smell which is a plus.
    LadyDeeTee
    "Never under underestimate the power of a
    LADY!"
    Last relaxer: 8/04; Partial BC: 10/04; 4a/b hair- earlobe length when blow dried and flat ironed
  • ConchShellsConchShells Posts: 67Registered Users
    I just bought some grease for the first time in years. It is Silk elements grease for extra dry hair. The only time I'll use it is for twistouts or braidouts. I've never worn either style out of the house but just from testing at home, grease gives the most defined/uniform look.
    Currently kinky but relaxed with Phytospecific Index 1
  • babyphat21babyphat21 Posts: 124Registered Users
    i love the way grease does my hair! especially blue magic, b&b super gro or hollywood beauty.
    SUPER THICK 3C zig-zags, blackish with random natural brown/red highlights. Searching for my exact heritage, 'cause I don't have a clue...
  • doctoramorenadoctoramorena Posts: 44Registered Users
    Dijah_xoxo wrote:
    I bought the natures blessing pomade today....it smells really good and it natural (except for the mineral jelly)

Thank you for the website :) So far how are you liking the product? Hope it's going well for you :D
    Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Luke 12:7a

Don't remove the kinks from your hair; remove them from your brain! Marcus Garvey

Last CFC Dec 23 '05 BC: june 23 '06! http://public.fotki.com/doctoramorena/
    Dijah_xoxo wrote:

Thank you for the website :) So far how are you liking the product? Hope it's going well for you :D

It's EXCELLENT!! it's really light and doesn't have much mineral oil/petroleum. It was also inexpensive and like I said, it smells GREAT! My scalp is usally dry but once I put this on it it was soft and moisturized for 3 days (until i put it on again) =) I hid this from my mom and sister because it's really good and they have to buy there own LOL!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file