What are you tired of saying over and over?

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm copying this from my moms group board.
Here are some of mine:

No pinchie! That hurts mama.

Gentle, GENTLE with the kitty!

Owie. We don't bite when we kiss.

Jake! No Bailey. No, Dylan. Crap, which one are you?

Dylan, get in the crate NOW! :oops: (another name confusion one, we don't actually crate our child.)

Would you like to eat that banana or just stuff it in your cheeks?

No, diaper stays on the butt.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Isaiah! Isaiah! O lord, Isaiah.

To my hubby: Why would you DO that?

Isaiah's new fav thing to say "Dam-mik" (translation Damnit. I take full responsibilty for that one)
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Solomon looooooves books and goes through phases where each one is his favorite and he'll make me read it over and over and over and over again. I could quote them all here (from memory) but I'll spare you all :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh my too many to name. But I'll try.

No running in the house
    Indoor voices
    No jumping on the couch
    Go to bed
    Stop playing in the toilet
    Put your clothes back on.
    Get your hands out of your pants.
    stay out of mommy's room

I gotta ask, any other kids act like you're punishing them when you ask them to go play in their room filled with boxes and boxes of toys?
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Mostly, I'm sick of being ignored. But here's my short list:

No food in the living room.
    Don't do that to the baby, he's a real person.
    Pick up the mess in the living room.
    Get off the couch! (That one's for the dog)
    Take that out of your mouth (the 7 year old or the dog)
    No bite! (see other thread)
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    Solomon looooooves books and goes through phases where each one is his favorite and he'll make me read it over and over and over and over again. I could quote them all here (from memory) but I'll spare you all :lol:

One Night when Max made one kind of mischief or another, his mother called him Wild thing and he said "i'll eat you up." And he was sent to bed without eating anything. That night, inside is room a forest grew and grew...
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    We don't bite/we don't hit. Nice touches.

Don't hit the kitty. Nice touches.

Sit down please. We don't stand in the chair.

We don't eat/drink/touch that. Yucky.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *Be nice to the dog, put the dog down, be gentle with the dog, etc, etc, etc (I swear, he thinks the dog is a stuffed animal)

*Pick up your toys, it's time to clean up now, etc,
    etc, etc

*When you can speak without whining/crying/yelling, mommy will talk to you

*Please sit down/stop fidgeting/stop playing and eat your food

And the one I repeat all the time for my sake:
    "God, give me strength!":geek:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote: »

Oh yes, this is familiar!!

Also:

What do you want? Use your words!

Don't put that in your mouth! (The reply is, "Mmmmm, food!" even if it's, say, a ballpoint pen.)
    ehLB.jpg
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    you dont need a paci. youre a big girl.

i cant clap and drive at the same time.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    No, that is not YOUR iPod.

Don't put your pony/Barbie in the potty!

Mama doesn't want to listen to Mamma Mia/Umbrella/Don't Stop the Music again. Mommy wants a different song.

Throw your fruity snack wrapper in the gargabe, not on the floor.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Solomon looooooves books and goes through phases where each one is his favorite and he'll make me read it over and over and over and over again.

I loved that phase. I think I read Goodnight Moon about a billion times. Sniff.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote: »
    Solomon looooooves books and goes through phases where each one is his favorite and he'll make me read it over and over and over and over again.

What, they are supposed to grow out of this phase?? Why am I still reading Goodnight Moon at least 3 times every night? Our copy even has "Newborn to Age 3" written on the back and I've tried to convince Karan that he is too old for it now.

I'm currently saying too often:

"Leave the blinds alone!"
    "Stop poking your sister!"
    "Quiet voice!" (usually I'm yelling it)
    "Please talk to me in a big boy voice"
    "wh- wh- wh what happened" To a 2 year run who has suddenly run out of his room and thrown his body onto the floor.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    No! No! No! No!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    "No pulling Mommy's hair. She doesn't like that."
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    you all will like the Mom song...seems

and for those of you who don't like religion, even though the video is from a church, it is not about church or religion...:alien:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »

and for those of you who don't like religion, even though the video is from a church, it is not about church or religion...:alien:

I was going to link your thread onto this post when I saw it on the other forum. That song is hilarious!
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

CGNYC wrote: »

What, they are supposed to grow out of this phase?? Why am I still reading Goodnight Moon at least 3 times every night? Our copy even has "Newborn to Age 3" written on the back and I've tried to convince Karan that he is too old for it now.

I'm currently saying too often:

"Leave the blinds alone!"
    "Stop poking your sister!"
    "Quiet voice!" (usually I'm yelling it)
    "Please talk to me in a big boy voice"

Going to the library has really helped to get us out of the "read the same book over and over and over" rut.
    He gets to pick out 3 new books every few weeks to read at bedtime. The older books go into hiding :wink: and he's usually so excited about the new books that he forgets about them for a while. Once we've read those about a hundred times, it's back to the library for new ones.

Experimenting with BRHG

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What, they are supposed to grow out of this phase??

Before S REALLY started talking, she would bring me books and we'd read them over and over, then we'd go through them and point to things and it could go on for ages. Then one day she was just OVER that and it's all about move, move, move, move. She's just now starting to sit still for books again.

Right now I'm saying, "Stop touching. Don't touch. Why are you touching that. Stop. STOP. STOP TOUCHING STOP TOUCHING STOP TOUCHING!!!" She is just so into EVERYTHING all the time, it's like she has fifteen hands. As soon as I ask her to stop touching one thing, she's on to something else.
    Magoo wrote: »
    Going to the library has really helped to get us out of the "read the same book over and over and over" rut.
    He gets to pick out 3 new books every few weeks to read at bedtime. The older books go into hiding :wink: and he's usually so excited about the new books that he forgets about them for a while. Once we've read those about a hundred times, it's back to the library for new ones.

I'm trying this now. But apparently library books are for reading during the day, and at bedtime it still has to be Goodnight Moon. And I have to *read* it not recite it. He'll notice that I'm looking away and say "No, No, No, you have to look at the words!".

DS has just started recognizing sight words, and so that brings repetition to a whole new excruciating level.
    Isaiah now asks a 150 thousand questions per page when I'm readin a book. "What's that? Who's that? Let's check it out?"
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Harry likes the same books over and over too. Lately, he takes MY finger and points to everything so I will say what it is. Sometimes I catch him reading by himself pointing and saying, "dadoo, dadoo, dadoo" (not really talking yet).

As far as what I'm tired of saying?

Feet on the floor!
    No climbing!
    Feet first! (for climbing down from things)
    Slow down!
    Sit on your bum! (in the tub, on the bed, etc.)
    We don't hit!

I know there is more, but Mama's tired.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I can't believe I forgot this one:

Can you hear me? What did I just say? Tell me what I just said!
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »

Cute! :)

As for my most over-played phrase right now... "No, don't spit. Nice boys don't spit...!"

But then he smiles and almost-laughs (he's not exactly all-out laughing yet), and I break down and smile and laugh in return.

I never knew three month old's blew bubbles, spit, and got a kick out of it! :lol:
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    my kids have been getting more outside in the fenced backyard alone time so these are mine:

- don't eat the dog food
    - stop throwing chairs off the fort
    - the bat is for balls not for people
    - leave daddy's tractor alone
    - don't sit in the mud, squat
    - don't eat the dog food
    - respect your brother's body

and inside the house if I never have to say, "stop saying MINE" again I will be a happy woman.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    "Get DOWN!"
    "Stop hitting the TV"
    "Get DOWN"
    "SIT down"
    "Get DOWN!"
    "SIT on your hiney"
    "We do NOT throw our toys"

"Are you eating dogfood?! COME HERE NOW! OPEN UP! <insert fingers> <fish out 1415 pounds of dogfood>
    (We keep our dog food on the other side of teh babygate in the laundry room. However, our dog refuses to eat his food from his bowl and prefers to dump it out on the floor to eat it for some random strange reason. That is where my little one sticks his fingers through to get dogfood)

"Get OUT of the dishwasher!"
    "Get DOWN!"
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Two I forgot:

We drink from the sink, not from the tub!
    Why won't he sleep?
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sisa wrote: »
    As for my most over-played phrase right now... "No, don't spit. Nice boys don't spit...!"

But then he smiles and almost-laughs (he's not exactly all-out laughing yet), and I break down and smile and laugh in return.

I never knew three month old's blew bubbles, spit, and got a kick out of it! :lol:

Sisa, how long has he been doing it? Lydia went through a blowing-bubbles phase where she did it constantly for a week or two, and then it went into her repertoire of things she does sometimes, and she was on to her next obsession.

Here, other than "gentle" and "let go, please," we're basking in the sit-her-down-and-she-stays-there age. You all are giving me a lot to look forward to! ;-)
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    another one i forgot:
    your belly button is still there.

majerle is obsessed with her belly button due to a new book we're reading. i guess since she never knew it was called anything she wasnt so worried about it. but she religiously checks her belly button multiple times a day. and if shes wearing a onesie/bodysuit/footed pajamas she claws at it to make sure its stll there.
    Sisa wrote: »

Oh I remember this phase! Saliva would just pour down Karan's mouth. It was just disgusting.

But then, at his 3 month doctor's appointment I learned that that blowing bubbles is actually a developmental milestone. Not being able to do it might indicate a neurological problem.

So spit, baby, spit!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file