what should i do?

sistasgotgamesistasgotgame Posts: 3Registered Users
my hair is long, like about to the middle of my back, and i really want that scrunchy, curly, wet look, but i dont kno what to put in it to make it not poof up and to make the curls defined. Ive tried a couple of products nd im tired of rewashing my hair because the product didnt work. Any advice would be REAL appreciated.
`--marissa

Comments

• ms.gms.g Posts: 173Registered Users
    my hair is long, like about to the middle of my back, and i really want that scrunchy, curly, wet look, but i dont kno what to put in it to make it not poof up and to make the curls defined. Ive tried a couple of products nd im tired of rewashing my hair because the product didnt work. Any advice would be REAL appreciated.
    `--marissa

have you tried fruit of the earth or lily of the desert
    aloe vera gel mixed with a little oil.
    ive found both these brands of aloe vera gel make my curls POP!:D
    i think thats they look youre going for.
    all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness. :)

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What products are you using right now? What's your hair care routine?

Getting the look that you're talking about depends on both your hairtype and what products you use. Some hair just won't look scrunchy and curly and wet no matter what you do. But only you know what your hair is capable of.

Have you tried using honey mixed with your gel or other styling products?
    And how you put a product in your hair will also affect the outcome.

Raking in Products

Clumping Curls

Using a paddle brush

Hope that helps :D
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • TroDousTroDous Posts: 241Registered Users
    The best advice i can give you is to find ppl who have hair similar to yours and see what products they use. At least that will narrow it down for you. There are a lot of album links so take some time to go through the boards.

Personally I find that mixing some type of gel (Fantasia aloe w/sparklites is my fave) with a lotion or watery leave-in work best for me for defined coils and keeping everything moisturized. I'm still experiementing with stuff because I make my own lotion but there are a ton of creamy lotion type leave-ins out there.

This was a good thread with routines from different ppl Routines
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Also, if you find that your hair doesn't really curl up on its own, you can always try a twist-out for chunky, defined curls.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    What's your hair texture? 3b, 3c, 4a, 4b? Does it look like my hair? Click on my album link below to see what I do and use to get the look you're trying to achieve. I'm 4a, but my technique should work with the looser curl textures too.

HTH! :D
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file