What does Angel for you?

McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
Hi,

I never tried the Devacurl line and I am thinking about trying some things.
What are your comments about Angel? Does it work on your hair? Is is good for 3B hair?

I have some troubles with the Jessicurl styling products (a bit drying and not enough hold for me) so that's why I am a bit anxious to try something else.

So, I am curious about your experiences with Angel: positive or negative as well.
Corkscrew 3B

Comments

• curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    I've never used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Devacurl Angel[/buylink]l, but I have heard mixed reviews of it. Basically, I usually either hear that it makes your curls defined and shiny with a soft hold or I've also heard that it makes your hair frizzy and undefined.

So far, it seems that I hear the best comments from people with type 2 hair, and generally hear not-so-great things from 3b-3c types. Some people who use devacurl products say that they just skip over the angell. But, I have seen a few exceptions of this. That's just the general pattern that I see, but I could be wrong. hth ;)
    3c
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I love it but I have to use alot of it and I'm a 2b/3a. It gives a softer hold and sometimes if I don't use enough, it does cause frizz and an undefined look. It's a gentler gel so I don't know exactly what you're looking for but it's not a strong hold gel. I would call it a medium hold and like I said, I have to use alot.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    It is true that I hear really different comments: shiny and nice curls// frizz and undefined.

Since I live in Europe I am going to make a "big" order to Curlmart to avoid the multiple shipping fee and that's why I am quite tempted by ordering Angell (not to find here around).
    At the same time I can't figure out how my hair will react to this product.

My hair are quite fine but I have a lot of 3B hair so hold is a medium need (more specific needed to avoid the front part of falling in my face, but bobby pins can help with it...).
    OK. I will think about :wink:
    Corkscrew 3B
  • prolixprolix Posts: 14Registered Users
    I like it, but I prioritize volume over frizz control. It doesn't feel sticky or producty, and it doesn't give me crunch. I hate it when my hair feels like I've put too much stuff in it, and AnGell never gives it that over-styled feel.
    Stylist: Chai @ Dirty Little Secret
    Products: OneC, Angell, Suave Naturals Lavender with extra honey added (for co-washes)
    My hair: layered shoulder-length 3b
  • RaindiamondsRaindiamonds Posts: 218Registered Users
    I've used angel before and it works good its soft and gentle on your hair
    My hair is naturally curly,very long thick corkscrew curls that are 3Braindiamonds.gif
    http://whatsnew.fotki.com/raindiamonds/
    will add more curl pics soon,thx
  • CurlellaCurlella Posts: 38Registered Users
    I love it! It makes my hair very soft (which is rare with any product!) and controlled. I noticed since I started using devacurl my curls have been more defined and thicker. My only slight complaint is that I loose a lot of length with the tightness it gives me, but sometimes I adore that!
    Address : http://public.fotki.com/curlella/
    password: there is no password anymore!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Angell did nothing for me. Not enough hold and too much frizz.

It seems to get mixed reviews. The ArcAngell seems to be stronger for some.

There is a thread on the 3A board where many love it.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AnGell was completely useless in my hair. I am a 3B with medium/coarse curly hair, and all it did was leave my curls looking undefined and frizzy. I also wasn't wild about its smell either. Also no matter how little I used of this stuff in my hair, my curls would come out feeling stiff to them. The first time that I tried this stuff, I bought 2 bottles of it, based on the reviews for this stuff after I had just joined NC, but I ended up having to throw both bottles in the garbage, because this stuff performed so poorly in my hair!
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • CurlellaCurlella Posts: 38Registered Users
    ahh! I wish I could get them syb

I guess it depends on the persons hair though ^_^
    Address : http://public.fotki.com/curlella/
    password: there is no password anymore!
  • f-of-o Posts: 3Registered Users
    i've been using angel for over a year and i think it works great, but only when I do everything right. I have to gently blot my hair while leaving it pretty soaking wet, then work in a good amount (a squirt about the diameter of a quarter for each 1/6 of my shoulder length hair, maybe even more), then gently rake the gel through my hair, then gently scrunch, and then no touching until completely dry. When I'm faithful to this process, my curls come out smooth and with a nice volume. I also have to break up the product by scrunching my hair once it's dry.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Even though DevaCurl products don't work in my hair, I do think that if I had the money I would invest in their new DevaSun Dryer and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-DevaFuser-Kit-p-913.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devafuser]DevaFuser[/buylink], though. As it seems quite interesting, to tell you the truth.

I still have the Devaclips, that I still haven't given up on. Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to use them correctly.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    i love angell, it feels lovely and lightweight on my hair. I have quite fine 3a/3b curls which get weighted down easy and this gives me the right amount of hold. My hair also look nice and shiny when i use it!! I've had the best results with angell when i use it alone, if i try and mix it with other products or a leave in conditioner it doesn't seem to work as well

Here are my results from using oneC and angell.. (i know my hair doesn't look fine as my curls are deceptive but i really have hardly any hair!)

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/renejeffy/detail?.dir=2666scd&.dnm=2fafscd.jpg&.src=ph
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Another Anti-AnGell vote. It does nothing for me. It did not give me any curl definition, hold, or shine. Nothing.

I did get a little hold from ArcAnGell, but only by using literal handfuls of it, and my hair isn't even long...maybe 7" (actual stretched out length). I don't like using that much gel. Also, when the humidity levels were high, it didn't matter how much I used, my hair just expanded as if I didn't have any gel on at all.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • 1curlydoc1curlydoc Posts: 158Registered Users
    I've only used it a couple of times so far, but I like it. It gives me thick, clumpy curls. I left some OneC in and also used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] before the Angell. I also used quite a bit of Angell, but I always have to use a lot of product. I know it doesn't work at all for some people, though - it's really dry here, so maybe that's the difference. I'm definitely going to be using it more.
    thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

• gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Deva Angell[/buylink] does nothing for me when I try to use it....it's another story when I'm at the actual salon. It works when the Deva people apply it to my hair but when I use it, it's a mess. I've experimented with it a bunch of times and even tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink]...I just don't like it.
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file