CurlTalk

New Hairstyle Pictures

alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
Help me choose a new haircut by voting on the most becoming style. The photos can be found in my Fotki Album. I know there are subtle differences but humor me. :wink:

Things about me: I have tightly curled hair, an oval face and plan to dye my hair brown (similar to Subbrock's color). Pictures of my current hair can be found in my hair albums. The password is hair.

Thanks!

This is also posted on the main and 4a hair boards.
We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• AnnannAnnann Posts: 36Registered Users
    I also love #5 in your album. Very pretty.
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    I too love #5. Can't wait to see the results. Let's just say that you have inspired me. :wink:
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can barely see #1. I don't like #3. It would be #2 and #4 (I really like both) but I would base them on your hair texture. Is your hair closer to texture #2? I don't see how you could do #4 if your hair was curlier than that model's.

• alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I can barely see #1. I don't like #3. It would be #2 and #4 (I really like both) but I would base them on your hair texture. Is your hair closer to texture #2? I don't see how you could do #4 if your hair was curlier than that model's.

My hair is like 1 and 2.

I can probably get a similar look (but not exactly the same) if I brushed my hair when wet and finger combed a little. I was thinking of that as an "evening" look, I guess.

Yep, 3 may be too short.

Thanks for voting, curlies.

br-flag1.gif
    Yes, then #2 for the primary style.

What length is your hair currently?

(I've gone short. But never quite that short. And it was from longer than BSL!) :o

Yes, then #2 for the primary style.

What length is your hair currently?

(I've gone short. But never quite that short. And it was from longer than BSL!) :o

Well, until last week it was right below my shoulder blade or a few inches above BSL. I cut it to a chin length bob last week. I do not like that in between look and want to go shorter. I have never had hair shorter than chin length. I think the shorter look will look nice and be something new. I do not plan to cut it short ever again, though.

I think I will go with look 1. It is similar to look 2 but look 1 is slightly longer and the curls show more.

br-flag1.gif
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    picture 5
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • PottervillePotterville Posts: 137Registered Users
    I like #5
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpotterville.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    *Ani* wrote:
    picture 5

But that is not my hair texture, Ani. I think she is a wavy and they curled it ( based on the other pictures I have seen of her on the Ford Model website).

Do you think that shape would work with someone with tight curls like me? I really like the shape but I am trying to be realistic with what works with my curls.

ETA: Argh! You too, Potterville. :lol:

br-flag1.gif
    Cehua wrote:
    *Ani* wrote:
    picture 5

But that is not my hair texture, Ani. I think she is a wavy and they curled it ( based on the other pictures I have seen of her on the Ford Model website).

Do you think that shape would work with someone with tight curls like me? I really like the shape but I am trying to be realistic with what works with my curls.

#5 is nice if you have that texture.

I love the texture of #1. But she's got someknd of weird widow's peak, and how can you really see the length or the shape?

#5 is nice if you have that texture.

I love the texture of #1. But she's got someknd of weird widow's peak, and how can you really see the length or the shape?

I do not have the hair texture for #5.

LOL@ weird widow's peak. Well, I do not have one of those, thank goodness. :lol:

So hard to find pictures of curlies with very short hair. Most of the pictures of well shaped/styled hair are of straighties or wavies. Most of the curlies just have short hair and not very becoming shapes.

I like jazzi's new haircut. Did you guys see her cut? It is a little shorter than I want but very beautiful.

br-flag1.gif
    Sorry, I like the shape of #5, but I understand that it's not your texture. Eva's is nice as well. I've always liked her cut.

Excuse me...I've got a widows peak...watch yourself :wink:
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

Sorry, I like the shape of #5, but I understand that it's not your texture. Eva's is nice as well. I've always liked her cut.

I totally do, too...but it ain't all weirdy like hers!!! LOL

:oops: There is nothing wrong with a widow's peak but hers is a little pointy.

So, I have to agree with you guys. I love the cut of #5. Is there anyway to make tight curls frame the face like that? One of you style gurus must know. :wink:

ac7ba1f0.jpg

br-flag1.gif
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Cehua wrote:
    :oops: There is nothing wrong with a widow's peak but hers is a little pointy.

So, I have to agree with you guys. I love the cut of #5. Is there anyway to make tight curls frame the face like that? One of you style gurus must know. :wink:

ac7ba1f0.jpg

That's the look I picked for you too. You might be able to tie your hair down when it's wet to get it to frame the face. Other than chems or heat, I'm stumped at how to loosen a tight curl My hair would look more like pick #1. Good luck!

BTW, your new avatar is hilarious! Love it!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Curlilocs wrote:
    That's the look I picked for you too. You might be able to tie your hair down when it's wet to get it to frame the face. Other than chems or heat, I'm stumped at how to loosen a tight curl My hair would look more like pick #1. Good luck!

BTW, your new avatar is hilarious! Love it!

I wonder if finger-waving it while wet and loosing it when dry will give me that look? Anyone know?

Isn't your hair looser than #1? The pieces that I cut looks like #1 and your hair is looser than mine.

:lol: I feel the hair boards are little more dramatic than usual.

br-flag1.gif
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I voted for #4; #2 and #4 would both work for your texture and be attractive.

Agreed that #5 is fly with that texture of hair.

Thanks for allowing us to weigh in and posting pictures :) Eva Pigford's dress is stunning on her, but she is so thin that almost anything would look great.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Love #5, but I think #2 is closer to your hair texture.

Whatever you decide, I know that the cut will be gorgeous on you. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
    All right, curlies, I am going to bring in a bunch of pictures and have her work out a look that is unique for me.

I get it cut tomorrow!!!!

Wish me luck. I have butterflies in my stomach. :P

Now, all I need is a pair of big hoop earrings........ 8)

Thanks for all of your help!

br-flag1.gif
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    This is so exciting. Good luck.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i know im late, but i didnt vote for #5 only because your hair isnt the sme texture as the models and whats the fun of having short hair if you have to style it every day???

i think a short cut (a la my BC pics )would look great on you. ive got an oval face and we may be hair cousins so at least you know what it may turn out looking like.

sidenote: im not narcissistic!! really im not!! :wink:
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Congrats on the BIG chop! :lol:

I'm sure you'll look beautiful!
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • PortaePortae Posts: 337Registered Users
    You're going to look FABULOUS! Can't wait to see the pics! :)
    Cehua - have you ever had your hair cut that short before? Anywho, my texture is TOTALLY different when my hair is that short, so keep that in mind as well.

Good luck and I know whatever you do will look beautiful.

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Cehua wrote:
    *Ani* wrote:
    picture 5

You could do #5, which is nice, but it would involve blowdrying the curls out somewhat. My guess it that you want to keep it simple (wash and go, pretty much), so I'd go with #2. I really like #1 also, but like the more polished look of number two. Reminds me of Toni Braxton a bit, with the sides.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Cehua wrote:
    All right, curlies, I am going to bring in a bunch of pictures and have her work out a look that is unique for me.

I get it cut tomorrow!!!!

Wish me luck. I have butterflies in my stomach. :P

Now, all I need is a pair of big hoop earrings........ 8)

Thanks for all of your help!

Good luck, Cehua! You are going to look fabulous. :D

I would love to go short, but it would never work with my features.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Good luck! You'll be beautiful! You'll be trying to comb the air for a while, but you'll get used to it. Post pics!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• AnnannAnnann Posts: 36Registered Users
    Wow, it must be exciting and I hope you fall in love with it! Looking forward to the big reveal:)
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users
    I'm a little late to vote, but my pick is #1. Can't wait to see the pics!!!
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    #2 all the way. #5 is nice, but won't work out the way it does on the model, and I don't want you to be disappointed or frustrated.

#2 rocks, and is attainable. 8)