Anyone one else have long cycles??

AlexLeeAnnAlexLeeAnn Posts: 1Registered Users
I have 45 to 60 day cycles and I dont think I ovualate. I took my first round of clomid this month. Has anyone faced the same problem??? Anyone have this problem and have success stories with clomid or not with clomid?

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    AlexLeeAnn wrote: »
    I have 45 to 60 day cycles and I dont think I ovualate. I took my first round of clomid this month. Has anyone faced the same problem??? Anyone have this problem and have success stories with clomid or not with clomid?

I have long cycles! I conceived my son on day 25 of what would have been a 36 day cycle, and my daughter on day 40 of what would have been a 51 day cycle.

Have you read Take Charge of Your Fertility and learned how to chart your cycles, recognize your fertile times? For me, it made all the difference in the world. Even though my cycles are long and irregular, they are still predictable if I chart my basal temperatures (which I did when trying for the first) or even just my cervical fluid (which is all I did when trying for the second).
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm like mad scientist - mine are long and irregular too, but predictable when I chart (I second the use of TCOYF) and I definitely ovulate - I get pain so it is hard to miss. I had no trouble conceiving my son. I don't know your situation, but before I tried drugs I would chart for a few months - you might find out that you DO ovulate, just not at the accepted standard times. Long cycles in and of themselves aren't necessarily a "problem", but doctors are so hooked on the 28 day cycle with O on day 14 that they can make it seem that way sometimes.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I have the opposite issue, very short cycles. My last cycle was 24 days.

I third charting.
    3c/4a
  • cymprenicympreni Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I 4th charting. I had 2 kids during times of long cycles.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    What exactly does charting entail? I might like to chart when trying for #2 but I don't know if I'm dedicated enough, if it's a lot of work.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • MagooMagoo Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I totally recommend TCOYF. I have pretty regular cycles and luckily had no trouble getting pregnant the first time around but I still found it to be a great resource. DH and I are thinking about TTC soon and I just dusted my copy off. :)
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Pixiecurl,

I have the TCOYF software. I'll admit that I'm pretty lazy when it comes to temping. I didn't find temping very helpful anyway, so I stick to checking CM. It's not hard at all once you get the hang of it.
    3c/4a
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    To the OP, I sometimes have long cycles, anywhere from 28-42 days. I conceived on a five week cycle while charting.

Pixie, basically you take your temperature first thing each morning at the same time and also check your cervical fluid each day. Once you understand how it works, you can skip some of the times of your cycle when you know ovulation isn't going to happen anytime soon. I mostly charted my temperature before and since I was working full time and had to be up at the same time most days anyway, it was no big deal. I was coming off the pill and didn't have much change in my cervical fluid during my cycle, so I didn't pay as much attention to that.

Fertilityfriend.com has free charts online, but I would read TCOYF first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file