Twists up-keep

CreationCreation Posts: 48Registered Users
Hello Curlies,

I just got twists for the first time :D . And I love them!!! But I was curious if anybody has any suggestions on how to get 3rd 4th or dare I say week hair. :lol:

What kind of products do you use to keep your twist moisturised without messin them up??? And how do you maintain the look without the frizzy ends???

My ends are a little frizzy. But I still like it all the same. And any other tips on just keeping a nice do would be so wonderful!!!

Thanks curlies :D

Peace and Blessings
Righteousness isn't what you do it's a gift!

I'm still trying to find out what my hair type is!!

Comments

• Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
    somepeople like the Healthy Ends by Protectiv to help the frizz on there ends but I've never tried it before.
  • OldSoulOldSoul Posts: 268Registered Users
    I love Taliah Waajid Protective mist bodifier for that. It is awesome for moisture, and my hair keeps real well with it. I have been dying to try [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]oyin greg juice[/buylink], I think that would be good for that as well.

At first I was using a water/oil spritz (You have to find the right combo I use as much as 50:50). I used olive oil.

Not sure if you cg, but you could try an oil sheen that doesn't have mineral oil. Not one of my choices, but some people use it.

The key for me is not to really wet them (like saturated). I only keep mine for a week.
    The poster formerly known as JCrysy
    :::::::::::::::::
    Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier
  • CreationCreation Posts: 48Registered Users
    Bumpity Bump

Bumpity Bump

• MsladiiMsladii Posts: 442Registered Users
    Are these twsit with you natural hair, or Kinky twists??
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT WILL BE ABOUT NATURAL HAIR CARE / STYLES / TUTORIALS AND COSMETICS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simplycliche

"Shrinkage is only your hair trying to get closer to you...embrace it."
    O, medium/course, spongy, mass of beautiful curly hair

event.png

pswd rawks
    They are natural twist no extensions. :D

• knhardeknharde Posts: 100Registered Users
    I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but I must ask: how long are twists suppose to last? I went to this salon to inquire about twists, and after examing my hair the lady said it would be $125 :shock: for my thick, shoulder-length hair. I wanna wear my hair in twists, but if they only last a week, I cant fathom paying 500 bucks a month to get my hair done. I'm not sure I wanna pay that if they last 4 weeks....
    4a/b, a little 3c at the crown; current faves: Anita Grant, Qhemet, Oyin...natural since 2000...(currently 15 inches)
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sleeping w/ a silk/satin scarf will probably help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file