Losing volume with OneC as a leave-in?

prolixprolix Posts: 14Registered Users
I got my shipment of OneC from Iwantcurlyhair and was just delighted! I pretty much hopped in the shower right away. I put a palmful of OneC in my hair (layered shoulder-length), finger-combed, and rinsed quickly at the crown (left most of it in). I scrunched in about two dime-sized blobs of AnGell over that, after wringing water out. Plopped for maybe half an hour. And when I woke up...my curls were nice and shiny, very clumpy and defined, except for some weird frizzies at the front. But that could be product distribution. The part I didn't like was that I had no volume! Now, maybe this is because I just cut a whole lot of hair (my shortest layers are like 4" and a week ago, my hair was basically all one length, and that length was "below bra strap") and I'm just not used to having less hair, but I want volume AND hold.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I be rinsing out more of my conditioner? Rinsing all of it out? Using less? One of the things I love about my new cut is that it's big and fluffy, but I want definition too. Any tips on having it all?
Stylist: Chai @ Dirty Little Secret
Products: OneC, Angell, Suave Naturals Lavender with extra honey added (for co-washes)
My hair: layered shoulder-length 3b

Comments

• curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    I just tried OneC for the first time today, and i love it! The curls were shiny and defined like you said. I also got a little less volume than I usually do, but I really like the less volume effect. Probably because my hair's so gosh darn thick. So maybe most people do get less volume from it. Even though I don't mind this, I just wanted to share so that you know you aren't the only one getting less volume. :) Good luck.
    3c
  • prolixprolix Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks, curlicious! I'm glad it's not just me.

I should point out that I'm not a first-time user of OneC—I'd been using it for about a year before I ran out for a bit, used a series of kind of bad drugstore products and had my hair cut. Maybe the reason I didn't notice the volume-loss before was because my hair was so long that it pulled the curl flat at the crown anyway.
    Stylist: Chai @ Dirty Little Secret
    Products: OneC, Angell, Suave Naturals Lavender with extra honey added (for co-washes)
    My hair: layered shoulder-length 3b
  • beaglecookiebeaglecookie Posts: 150Registered Users
    I use Abba volumizing gel and also you might need to use a clarifying shampoo. I used one this weekend and my hair had so much volume. I used Elucence clarifying shampoo. If you want to keep to you hair regimen rinse more of the One C out of hair.
    Hair almost to waist. Brown with light brown highlights. 3b spiral curls. I love curly hair.

One C, CK, Re:coil, Boots , Abba Weightless, BRHG, Spiral Cream, Curls Ecstasy and Ouidad DT

PW- mymia
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    prolix wrote:
    Thanks, curlicious! I'm glad it's not just me.

Maybe the reason I didn't notice the volume-loss before was because my hair was so long that it pulled the curl flat at the crown anyway.

That would do the trick. :wink:
    3c
  • betweenshadesbetweenshades Posts: 130Registered Users
    I get weighed down a lot with just about anything. I found that I have to rinse all of my condtioner out and reapply to the ends to make sure it's on there correctly and only where I need it.
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • CurlyMom73CurlyMom73 Posts: 123Registered Users
    You may need to use a little more Angell. It is a natural type hold gel so try smoothing a little on the problem areas and then see what happens.
    Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic. :)

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."- Albert Einstein
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    I'm like betweenshades. I've tried leaving different condish in & my hair gets flat & dull. I need to have something on my hair for moisture, but I rinse clean, then apply exactly what I think I need.

Adding honey or gel as others suggest should help give you more volume.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Castella wrote:
    I'm like betweenshades. I've tried leaving different condish in & my hair gets flat & dull. I need to have something on my hair for moisture, but I rinse clean, then apply exactly what I think I need.

Adding honey or gel as others suggest should help give you more volume.

Me, three.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file