Products with UV Protection

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
The weather is starting to get warmer. I coloured my hair about a couple months ago, I think. And I'm going to do it again using the same colour. To protect my hair against the sun, I'll wear some hats but I don't want to wear them all the time. What products do you know that have UV protection?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• PortaePortae Posts: 337Registered Users
    I've read that shea butter has a natural spf of 8 or something like that. You could rub a dab over your hair to get some extra sun protection, and the shea will moisturize your hair!
    ~Break the Chains of Your Mind and Your Body will Follow~

3b/3c/4a
    http://public.fotki.com/Portae99/
    http://photos.yahoo.com/Portae_99
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    a lot of products have sunscreens in them but they are usually there only to prevent the product itself from getting destabilized by the UV rays, particularly products packaged in clear/translucent containers. The amount of sunscreen in these products is not usually sufficient to protect your hair from the sun. I would second Portae's vote for shea butter, and I have also heard a lot about carrot oil (but you need lots and it stains).
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks girls! I had no idea shea butter has UV protection and I love using it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Products for color treated hair usually have UV protective qualities. Read the labels first.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Also, MOP Leave in has a uv protectant too.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Thanks Webbie and Curlilocs! Yet another reason for me to buy the MOP leave-in :lol:
  • GlowormGloworm Posts: 11Registered Users
    I believe Neutrogena's Triple Moisture leave in has UV block.
    Thanks Gloworm! I used to use NTM leave-in but stopped because it has sodium hydroxide in it.
    ms. joker, usually the sodium hydroxide is included in formulas as a buffer, to keep the pH from changing. It shouldn't attack your hair the way the creamy crack does :) . It just keeps the product stable. btw, i know this is slightly off topic, but can you recommend a good sunscreen for skin?
  • imlaimla Posts: 163Registered Users
    Jojoba oil also provides natural UV protection.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.
    Thanks girls! Jeamaria, I like using Ombrelle but I'm not sure if it's available in the U.S.

pr-Sunscreen-L_Oreal_Ombrelle_Sunscreen_Lotion_SPF15-resized200.jpg
    Thanks Ms. Joker! I'll see if I can get my hands on it:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file