Are Round Brushes Dangerous?

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
I haven't used one in ages, but I'm thinking about using one instead of banding so I can cut down on time. Do you think it would damage my hair?

diane_round_brush_8149.jpg
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    I'm assuming you plan on using this for drying your hair?

IMO, anytime you use a utensil on your hair you run the risk of snags, snarls, or tears, but I think a boar bristle round brush would be much gentler and less damaging. :)
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I was thinking I could use it to stretch my hair a little bit. I'll use it really carefully and hopefully my hair won't get damaged :?
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Any brushes are bad for curly/kinky hair. Break-off will happen. I have an $80 Mason-Pearson and I won't even use that. It's just gathering dust. If it's tangled, wet and condition, is my motto. Even if I pull my hair back, I spritz with a de-tangler and finger back to get into a scrunchy.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Sweet_AmbrosiaSweet_Ambrosia Posts: 19Registered Users
    I use both a round brush and a flat brush, to tame my hair down when I wear certain updos. My hair hasnt suffered any damage or breakage whatsoever.

As long as you dont go overboard with the brushing, brush in moderation. Your hair should be fine.
    *Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
    *100 Natural 3c/4a
    ♥Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08♥
  • saqqarasaqqara Posts: 32Registered Users
    I brush with a super soft boar bristle brush. I haven't noticed any damage. Just stay away from those firm or metalbristle brushes and you should be ok.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file