Phyto Phytodefrisant

love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
This is a moisturizing, clear leave in hair product. I used it recently under a mix of LA mega looks gel (the yellow one) and Aloe Vera gel. It was heaven :D

Anyone else like this stuff?
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Comments

• morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought this and tried it for the first time. My hair is incredibly soft and shiny. I put about a quarter size in wet hair and then layered biolage gelee over it. I love the front, but the back is a bit crunchy. i must of put too much gel in the back. My curls are a little more stretched today - but thats what I'm looking for. I did diffuse for a bit and pull on my hair to stretch it. I think I need a little more experimenting, but I love the feel of my hair today. Its expensive, I was rationalizing that I would cut out my afternoon coffee ($2/day habit) so I could afford to use this! Oh, what we do for our hair. How much did you use and will you use it everytime? The woman at the store I purchased the Phyto said she gets better results the more she uses it. But, she blows her hair straight. This is the first product I have used that I instantly felt the "WOW" factor :D
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I bought some about 3 years ago and couldn't get it to work for me. I recently discovered it lurking at the back of the cupboard and gave it another try. I put some Biolage defining elixir over the top (also lurking at the back of the cupboard, probably for even longer!) and actually had a good hair day for once. It's no good on it's own as it has no hold whatsoever for me, but does make nice smooth, more relaxed curls. Good at taming the frizz too.
    3b in South Australia.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Morningstar - I used about a nickle sized amount. It was perfect! LOL at giving up coffee for phytodefrisant........ You give me ideas :twisted:

Starmie - I'm glad you brushed off this great (and pricey) product. I think I will work it into my rotation on a regular basis :D
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

• curlykristincurlykristin Posts: 63Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got this and love love love it! But i slapped in my hair without making sure it was CG safe. Does anyone know?
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    Shea moisture high porosity cowash
    shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
    one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
    Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
    aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 
    I'm pretty sure it's cg friendly.
    3b in South Australia.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    After the rec..I got this today. How much do you think I need? My hair is on the longer side and its very thick. A nickel size just wont do it. Also do I need to put a heavier gel on top of it for extra hold? Thanks
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    I use about a quarter sized and I do use a gel to scrunch in, usually Aura Hypo or Suave Aloe. An I'm still using a leave-in or leaving in conditioner after my shower. My hair is just below my shoulders when wet, chin length when dry. It has a cumulative effect so I didn't put any in today and my hair acted like I had used it :o , so I think I'm going to start using it every two to three days, and I can't put it on the less-curly parts of my hair b/c it dries way less curly than the back- which is super curly. I think that i am only going to use it on the back and the very ends at my nape to give them some weight. Maybe I will put it on the other less curly areas once a week or so because it does make my hair pretty shiny and fights frizz like a Ninja. Hopefully it will help even out my curls. I have noticed that my hair is drying much smaller in general. HTH :)
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch

Deep Treatment:

• morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use this under a gel, usually Climate Control or Biolage Gelee. I'm pretty heavy handed with products. I use at least a quarter size in my hair of the phyto. I did the Phytospecific Relaxer, Index 1, about a month ago and have been using a lot less products since. My curls are beginning to return to my former 3B, except the front is still a little straighter.
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
  • CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    Nothing has ever made my hair as silky as this stuff. And nothing has ever broken my haircare budget as quickly either. :lol:

Yes, it's CG friendly. No cones. I believe it's marshmallow mucilage (the slippery gel from the root) that gives it the texture.
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
    the other night i did a lemon aid and it stripped all of the phytodefrisant out and my hair dried super curly. I think that i had forgotten how curly my hair is. i love this stuff. I desperately need someone to start making a generic version or giving me tons of money to purchase it with, whichever is easier. :D

Day 1
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2

Deep Treatment:

I bought a couple of tubes this week - I think I'll need to win the lottery if I want to keep on using it! It's $25AUD here, how much is it over there?
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie wrote:
    I bought a couple of tubes this week - I think I'll need to win the lottery if I want to keep on using it! It's $25AUD here, how much is it over there?

Bath and Body Works, which otherwise carries very affordable products, is advertising the 3.3 fl oz tube of Phyto Phytodefrisant for $24.00 :shock: :shock: Still, it's a great product and almost worth that much. sigh

Woah, that is dear. I thought cosmetics etc were cheaper in the US - obviously not always.
    3b in South Australia.
  • BCurlyGBCurlyG Posts: 8Registered Users
    I got this from CosmeticMagic 5.9 oz for $29. (free shipping!). It would be my HG gel if not for the $$$. :cry: It works best for me without other products, not even leave-in conditioner, but I have to use A LOT. I don't usually like gels and this is the only one I've tried that makes my hair feel good and look good at the same time.

Has anyone compared phytodefrisant to homemade flaxseed gel? I think my hair likes plant mucous, but I'm generally too lazy to cook for it.
    3b-fine & thick. Main problems are dryness and frizzies. Favorite product so far - Jessicurl Too Shea
  • MeyerGirlMeyerGirl Posts: 170Registered Users
    Starmie wrote:
    Woah, that is dear. I thought cosmetics etc were cheaper in the US - obviously not always.

Yes, in this case the product is from France

I think I'll have too look into this product since it is getting such good reviews.

I like PhytoNectar and the Phyto 9 for ultra dry hair.
    4a, deep waves and pensprings.
    Boots Pink Curl Creme for sale, Please PM me.
  • CanocurlsCanocurls Posts: 170Registered Users
    Hi life~curls,

I posted this morning but I didn't think to look here.

http://www.naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=81103
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember Rosa
    Type: 3/4
  • CurlyCinCurlyCin Posts: 27Registered Users
    It has been super hot & humid in NYC this week & I just bought this a few days ago & I am LOVING it! It's been fighting the frizz like nothing I've ever used & my hair is super shiny and soft. It loosens the curl up just a little bit, nothing too major. I love it, love it, love it... this is one of my new HG. I have been using a lot of it though, not a quarter or nickel size like everyone else. I always go overboard on products - I divided my hair up into 4 or 5 sections and applied a quarter size to each section :shock: I guess I've been using way too much, maybe I'll ease up on the quantity once this humidity goes down a little.
    Naturally 3b, boticelli curls, fine hair, bra strap length
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I've heard so many good things about this product. Now I really want to try it.
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    I'm embarrassed to say that I bought 2 more tubes. That will have to get me through the summer, until next spring.

This really makes my hair feel smooth & soft, w/o disrupting the curl.

AND, I got a big compliment on my hair: "you finally got the frizzies under control! What are you using?!" Then when I reported the price "OMG, is it worth it?"

For now, it's worth it...I guess. I really love it, but d*mn it's expensive.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
    Castella wrote:
    I'm embarrassed to say that I bought 2 more tubes.

I am soooo jealous!!! But it only takes a small amount of this stuff to work its charms. I use even less of this than other leave ins, maybe because of the cost?? or because it is super concentrated? A nickle size amount works great.

• CanocurlsCanocurls Posts: 170Registered Users
    BCurlyG wrote:
    I got this from CosmeticMagic 5.9 oz for $29. (free shipping!). It would be my HG gel if not for the $$$. :cry: It works best for me without other products, not even leave-in conditioner, but I have to use A LOT. I don't usually like gels and this is the only one I've tried that makes my hair feel good and look good at the same time.

Has anyone compared phytodefrisant to homemade flaxseed gel? I think my hair likes plant mucous, but I'm generally too lazy to cook for it.

That is a very good question. :wink: I'd like to know that too. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember Rosa
    Type: 3/4
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Is it a leave-in condish?? Would you recommend using this as such and then continue to add my usual styling products, such as CK, and a gel?
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    I don't know how others use it, I've never used it on its own. I use it with a little leave-in (for moisture) and gel (for hold). It definitely does not give me any hold whatsoever. It's the closest product I've found to a silicone serum. It smooths my hair and leaves it softer feeling, but it doesn't help my curls any and it doesn't resist humidity.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file