2nd day hair

NikoTroiNikoTroi Registered Users Posts: 76
I went from long hair to very short hair back in November. I've finally got to the point where I can get good 1st day hair, only if I wet it in the morning (I used to wash & plop the night before). However, my 2nd day hair is not so good :( I know people with longer hair can pineapple, but what do we shorties do??

Thanks for the help :)
~~Lorraine, mom to Nikolas 8/30/04, Troi 5/20/06 and 3 angel babies

It is hard to say good-bye when you never had the chance to say hello

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Sorry you can't pineapple. I'd hate being stuck doing my hair every single day. I've read that some have had success with night caps, satin pillowcases and/or pineapple pigtails.

Hope you get some good feedback. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • meadowlark2meadowlark2 Registered Users Posts: 135 Curl Neophyte
    My hair is above my shoulders and I'm not getting 2nd day hair yet either. Lately, I plan on wearing my hair up in a twist on day 2. I use a large decorative clip in the back and pull the bangs off my face with small bobby pins (so they don't show) Then, I make sure I have some nice wavy/curly tendrils. Its a casual updo and I put some effort into making it look good.

I'm hoping the 2nd day will get easier as I my hair grows longer and I get better at using products.

Hope that helps.
    cg Dec 08
    fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a

• NikoTroiNikoTroi Registered Users Posts: 76
    whatsercurl I will have to try a night cap and see how that works. I have Eurpoean pillows so they are very large and I don't think I'd be able to find satin pillow cases for them.

meadowlark2 If you don't mind, I would love to see a picture of that updo. I can't picture it in my head :(

~~~~~~~~~~

For the past couple of days I've just been pulling it back or spritzing water in it. It's not as curly or looks as good as 1st day hair, but it will due :rolleyes:

• JLeighsJLeighs Registered Users Posts: 904 Curl Novice
    I'm not sure if this technically qualifies as 2nd day hair, but what I do is thoroughly mist my hair with a homemade conditioner spray (1 part condish to 4 parts water), then flip my hair upside down and scrunch in some FOTE. When it's dry, I just scrunch out any crunch. I can do this to get 2nd and 3rd day hair, although there is a little more frizz than on my 1st day hair. The other thing I've noticed is that my hair gets progressively curlier on days 2 and 3. Not sure why....
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • NikoTroiNikoTroi Registered Users Posts: 76
    JElsea I was actually cleaning out under my cabinet today and found an empty water bottle and will try the misting tomorrow morning. But I have to ask, what is FOTE :-?

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    FOTE = Fruit of the Earth, refers to that brand's aloe vera gel. Really cheap at most drugstores, 99% pure aloe gel. Any brand that's 99% aloe vera gel should be fine, but FOTE is popular.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file