Gel Help - Sorry, repost from general discussion board...

curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
I am just in desperate need of advice...so I'm posting on two boards.

I'm a 3a/3b, thick hair. The Angell is not working, not overly thrilled with Aura.... Curls spiral curl cream is good, but not sure if I could find better. I do like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink], I just want to find a good gel to use over it. I would LOVE if I could find a cheaper drugstore brand (I've been going a bit overboard on my product "trials"). Any help you could give? I need the security of a hold since I have a great amount of hair, but no crunch! Thanks

Comments

• curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    Have you tried BRHG (biosilk rock hard gel)? That gives a firm hold, I hear.
    3c
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    I thought about that - I just didn't know if it would be crunchy. Do you know if it's sold in the stores?
    I'm not sure if it's sold in stores or not. But I know a site where you can buy it. www.cosmeticimage.com (I didn't see it in curlmart) It's pretty cheap and the shipping is free after you spend $25 if you are worried about having to spend a lot. I know it's a pain the behind. As far as crunchiness, I think it just depends how much you apply. Some people that have tried it say that it leaves your curls soft, and some say there is a little crunch until it dries.
    hth :D
    3c
    Thanks so much, I'll check it out...
    You're welcome. :D
    3c
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    curlsofny wrote:
    Thanks so much, I'll check it out...

I have seen it at target

That's good to know. ^^
    3c
    Thanks Delma!!
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    your welcome :D

• curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've bought it at CVS, too! But you can get good deals on eBay!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • talltwinmomtalltwinmom Posts: 95Registered Users
    I've seen it at Target (11.99), Albertsons (11.99) and Longs (10.99 I think). I want to try it, but I still have some Gel + Water, and need to use it up before I try something that expensive. I've heard good things also.
    3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
    bllllah. sry I just realized I made a typo. it's cosmeticmagic.com :P
    3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file