please help!

sistasgotgamesistasgotgame Posts: 3Registered Users
right now i am using smooth 'n shine strong hold curling mousse because i want my natural curls. But i find that after i apply it to my hair when its wet and let it air dry, after a couple of hours my hair becomes more frizzy than curly. It says it prevents frizz, but i was wondering if theres something else i should be doing so that my hair can stay curly without the frizz and becoming poofy. Also, I tried "plopping" as someone had previously suggested to me, but it didnt make much of a difference. Maybe i was doing it wrong. Please help, i want to be able to wear my hair without having to blow dry it and it will still look nice. thanks.
`--marissa

Comments

• curlycovrgirlcurlycovrgirl Posts: 153Registered Users
    mouse makes my hair frizzy also. Have you tried using leave in conditioner and gel ( try "fruit of the earth" aloe vera gel or fantasia ic gel) That combo is a good place to start.

When I first came to this website, I looked at everyone's albums and the people who had hair like mine, I asked them what products they used. Thousands of dollars worth of products later, I finally found the ones that work for me! :D (just kidding) I found alot of good products for my hair that way.
    3c/4a - Relaxer Free since Feburary 2004 and Obsessed with my hair.

I have pictures now! password: curlygirl
  • ms.gms.g Posts: 173Registered Users
    up.
    all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness. :)

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I second curlycovrgirl's recommendation of a leave-in plus gel (instead of mousse). That should cut down on frizz.

What is your hair type? I think plopping generally works better for looser-haired curlies. I tried it once or twice and, while my hair dried much faster, I also ended up w/ a head full of frizz. If you have time, I would recommend airdrying or sitting under a hood dryer for a few minutes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file