Botox between the eyebrows

mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Has anybody done this? I don't want it on my forehead or under my eyes, I just want to lessen the furrows that make me look tired or angry. Do you have any experience with this? If I get just two tiny injections there, any idea of the cost?
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i had it done along with my upper forehead lines last spring. two tiny injections won't do the trick - you'd probably need 6 to 8 in the area to stop you from doing it.

the place where i get mine done charges about $8.00 (Cdn) per unit of Botox, some places charge upwards of $10.00.

to do that area, you have to furrow your brow and they pinch to keep it like that to target your muscle exactly and then they inject. i hated it because i felt and heard a crunching sensation when they did it, and won't do that area again until it gets worse than it is.

hope this helps!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, rou.
    3c
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    KurlyKarenLee had Botox done and posted a thread about her experience.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    KurlyKarenLee had Botox done and posted a thread about her experience.

Thank you~
    3c
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I sure hope my experience didn't scare you off! I haven't had the Klingon forehead in a while. Though sometimes when the Botox starts wearing off my eyebrows get stuck in the "up" position. :laughing6:
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So was that when you started using Radiesse? I saw you mention it on another thread. Does it really seem to build the collagen back up? How many injections did you get and how frequently?
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    auntnett wrote: »
    So was that when you started using Radiesse? I saw you mention it on another thread. Does it really seem to build the collagen back up? How many injections did you get and how frequently?

I just started using Radiesse last week. I didn't notice a big difference with the Restylane, but I could still feel it under the skin even after a year. My doctor said that, since the Restylane lasted over a year (6-9 mo. is the norm), I might only need Radiesse every couple of years. I LOVE Radiesse. :love1:

She filled in my marionette lines a little more, filled in the forehead wrinkles close to my eyebrows (that she wouldn't touch with Botox), filled in the circles under my eyes, and gave me a little brow lift. All for $600.00. I'm not sure how many injections that took.

ETA: $600.00 is the cost for one vial. I was expecting for them to have to use 2 vials, but since I had some Restylane left, it didn't take as much.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • tsjmomtsjmom Posts: 85Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I loved it!!! Can't afford the $$$ anymore, so I have some mean looking 11s between my brows. If you can go for it - it's the ONLY thing that will truly get rid of them.
    3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.

I just started using Radiesse last week. I didn't notice a big difference with the Restylane, but I could still feel it under the skin even after a year. My doctor said that, since the Restylane lasted over a year (6-9 mo. is the norm), I might only need Radiesse every couple of years. I LOVE Radiesse. :love1:

She filled in my marionette lines a little more, filled in the forehead wrinkles close to my eyebrows (that she wouldn't touch with Botox), filled in the circles under my eyes, and gave me a little brow lift. All for $600.00. I'm not sure how many injections that took.

ETA: $600.00 is the cost for one vial. I was expecting for them to have to use 2 vials, but since I had some Restylane left, it didn't take as much.

Ooo, that's not bad! I just have one vertical line on one side between my brows and a marionette line on one side that I'd like to fill, so surely one vial would do it. I've been chicken and haven't tried Restylane or any other injections yet, but this sounds promising, especially if it lasts a couple of years - 6-9 months seems to usually be about as long as you hear for most of them.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    tsjmom wrote: »
    I loved it!!! Can't afford the $$$ anymore, so I have some mean looking 11s between my brows. If you can go for it - it's the ONLY thing that will truly get rid of them.

Are you talking about Botox, or one of those other fillers mentioned in this thread?

I would have a hard time justifying the expense of these things, but I'm with mandyv -- those vertical frown lines between the brows are awful! I can live with all of my other lines, but those ones just really get me down. They're there all the time for me -- I stopped taking pictures of my hair because I just hated looking at them! :sad8:

I wonder if it looks funny if you just treat those, and not the horizontal forehead lines up above? I don't mind those as much, and hate the idea of not being able to raise my eyebrows!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.

Ooo, that's not bad! I just have one vertical line on one side between my brows and a marionette line on one side that I'd like to fill, so surely one vial would do it. I've been chicken and haven't tried Restylane or any other injections yet, but this sounds promising, especially if it lasts a couple of years - 6-9 months seems to usually be about as long as you hear for most of them.

I'd better clarify, Radiesse is only supposed to last 12-18 months, but since the Restylane lasted so much longer than it was supposed to on me, my doc thought the Radiesse would, too.

Legal Disclosure: Results may vary. :laughing6:
    KurlyKarenLee

Yeah, I caught that but was being optimistic anyway. Even a year would better than I usually hear for other such treatments, even botox

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    On the other hand, Botox wears off much faster on me than it does on other people. I usually have to go in every 2 months for a touch up.
    KurlyKarenLee

• pelicanopelicano Posts: 580Registered Users
    I've got those hideous vertical lines too - so aging. :( I had botox a few years ago as a migraine treatment (it didn't work), and it made no difference to my furrows, so probably needed lots more in that area to smooth them right out.
    Sarah.

Based in the UK. 2-something (2b?) hair. Very porous, fine and brittle/fragile

Hair loves: Drip drying, glycerine, shea butter, oils
    Hair hates: Plopping, any kind of gel, most conditioners (scalp issues).
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had pretty distinct vertical lines for a few years, but it gets worse at night and if I'm out in bright light for some time (say working in the yard during summer). One thing I've found to help that is much cheaper (almost free), no side effects and not evasive is to wear frownies or even a small piece of tape right between my brows to bed. I try to leave it on until I'm ready to leave, and it's made a huge difference- some days I have nothing there. Evidently I scrunch and frown a lot in my sleep, and even the act of lying on the side of my face pushes the brows together forcing the crease.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Spider wrote: »
    I've had pretty distinct vertical lines for a few years, but it gets worse at night and if I'm out in bright light for some time (say working in the yard during summer). One thing I've found to help that is much cheaper (almost free), no side effects and not evasive is to wear frownies or even a small piece of tape right between my brows to bed. I try to leave it on until I'm ready to leave, and it's made a huge difference- some days I have nothing there. Evidently I scrunch and frown a lot in my sleep, and even the act of lying on the side of my face pushes the brows together forcing the crease.

VERY interesting!!! I'm gonna look up frownies online (I had forgotten about them), because I'm having a little trouble visualizing exactly how/why that would work.... regular tape you say, hmmmm???? Thank you for the tip.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    Yes, my lines are largely formed as I sleep too. I tried those Frownies, but was hugely allergic - I woke up in the night really sore and was left with a red triangle on my forehead! :laughing6::oops: I'd love to find an alternative that I'm not allergic to.
    Sarah.

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Last week, I bought surgical tape at Walmart for less than $3. It's called Nexcare Flexible Clear, and the package looks like scotch tape.

It does seem to help, even if it's temporary.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
    I think I have some of that. Maybe I'll try it...
    Sarah.

alacurl wrote: »
    Last week, I bought surgical tape at Walmart for less than $3. It's called Nexcare Flexible Clear, and the package looks like scotch tape.

With Frownies, you're supposed to massage the area you're applying it to a little to relax the line, then put it on. It's supposed eventually soften the line by sorta retraining the area - as long as you use them regularly. That's always been my problem, not to mention the fact that I evidently pull them off in my sleep half the time, LOL.

I got mine at Ulta, but I'm told they don't have them any more. Sephora has them on-line if not in their stores.

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    I'm so sick of my huge frown lines - I'm 36 and look at least 46 because of it. :( I tried the surgical tape and had the same sort of reaction as I did to the Frownies. Anyone found anything else that works that's non-surgical?
    Sarah.

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    alacurl wrote: »

I tried this last night. This morning, I have a huge red rectangular where the tape was, and somehow, an extra vertical line in my skin. Not a success.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    pelicano wrote: »
    I'm so sick of my huge frown lines - I'm 36 and look at least 46 because of it. :( I tried the surgical tape and had the same sort of reaction as I did to the Frownies. Anyone found anything else that works that's non-surgical?
    And what, may I ask, is so awful about 46???;)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not done complaining.

After using my usual oil cleansing method in the shower, I got out to find that despite it, I had tape GOO left all over the area between my brows, and even in my eyebrows.

Okay, I think I'm done now.
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    ninja dog wrote: »
    After using my usual oil cleansing method in the shower, I got out to find that despite it, I had tape GOO left all over the area between my brows, and even in my eyebrows.

I got the goo, too, but only once. I think it was because of the product I used underneath it that particular time. But my oil cleanser took the goo right off.

FWIW for anyone else who might be interested, I use two pieces of tape in an X shape. I don't think one piece would do the trick for me. And, like auntnett said, I massage the area a little to relax the line, then apply the tape.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
    rudeechick wrote: »
    And what, may I ask, is so awful about 46???;)

It's pretty awful when you're 36! :laughing9:
    Sarah.

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I hate looking my actual age much less 10 years older.:laughing9:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I wrote an article about using Botox as a scalp-sweat reducer. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file