CurlTalk

Your OPINION on: platinum blonde, blue eyes, TAN, tall & skinny?

IrinaIrina Posts: 100Registered Users
What's your first impression that comes to mind when you see someone that fits those characteristics?

I know some people freak out and think, wow she gets around. But is that really everyone? I'm really interested in this and getting people's opinions.
Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Reading your title, the first thing that came to mind was the Hollywood starlet type.

"She gets around" didn't figure into it at all, nor does it when I meet someone who fits those characteristics in real life.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • IrinaIrina Posts: 100Registered Users
    Yeah, I personally think of someone that takes really good care of themselves.

It's hard to keep up all of that.

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    That description made me think of the orange people of the world (aka the fake tans) :confused2:

ETA: Only because I've encountered many of those who are like you described and were as orange as a carrot
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Irina wrote: »
    Yeah, I personally think of someone that takes really good care of themselves.

It's hard to keep up all of that.

Seriously - lots of time and money would have to be invested. The platinum blonde hair alone would be cost prohibitive for me!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
    I think of MTV because I see alot of them on their. Also california.

the-hills-400a-082207.jpg
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    d-versace-1.jpg
    I think Donatella Versace is pretty sometimes, other times she freaks me out! :sad1:

3a/3b

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    My opinion is that platnium blonde + tan = someone trying too hard. Tacky. :thumbdown: Assuming that the hair color and tan are fake, of course.

ETA: On the other hand, I'm a pale, green-eyed brunette, so maybe jealousy caused my snark.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    sounds like the description of most men's wet dream.
    medussa wrote: »
    d-versace-1.jpg

I seen her wearing a bikini on TV and it made my eyes burn.

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    My opinion is that platnium blonde + tan = someone trying too hard. Tacky. :thumbdown: Assuming that the hair color and tan are fake, of course.

ETA: On the other hand, I'm a pale, green-eyed brunette, so maybe jealousy caused my snark.

You should move to south Texas - you would be a rarity, with dark hair and light eyes. :D It always makes me laugh when people comment on the fact that I have dark hair, fair skin, and blue eyes - where I grew up, everyone had the same coloring. Down here? Not so much. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • chicagocurly78chicagocurly78 Posts: 463Registered Users
    Ok, the first thing that came to my mind when I read this title is.....fake. But I suppose there are adults who are naturally platinum and get sun kissed easily? I've just never met one.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    the first thing that came to mind was the show the real housewives of orange county -- aged/aging white women desperately trying to hang on to youth.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    My first roommate my freshman year of college. My husband(bf at the time) would call her a Vallery Girl ummpaloompa.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    rainshower wrote: »
    the first thing that came to mind was the show the real housewives of orange county -- aged/aging white women desperately trying to hang on to youth.

I was thinking of starting a thread on this. Actually, I think they end up looking older. The new wife (though brunette) looks horrible. Her skin looks like aged leather. And she's obsessed with looking young? :scratch:
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
    rainshower wrote: »

I was thinking of starting a thread on this. Actually, I think they end up looking older. The new wife (though brunette) looks horrible. Her skin looks like aged leather. And she's obsessed with looking young? :scratch:

Vicki-Gunvalson_TheRealHousewivesofOrangeCounty_Bravo__2007.jpg

^^ she's the worst, to me. her face/chest looks weather-beaten and the makeup makes it look worse. plus her husband acts like he's so uninterested in her. and i'm tired of women wearing the french manicure on long nails. i'm embarassed for her, really.

guano over.
    ok, guano revisited. here's another housewife that looks so plastic.

1_Project_Runway_Lauri.jpg
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Honestly my first thought, fake, old, tired and boring. My first thought is people in tv/movies. I'm just sick of seeing the same thing. They usually have the same hair cut, and dress the same. If there are more then one tan, platinum blonde in a movie, I can never tell them apart.
    I don't know, I like it when people look like that.

Where I'm from - Russia, everyone looks like that minus the tan, but that can easily be obtained. So it's almost normal to me.

3a/3b

Where I'm from - Russia, everyone looks like that minus the tan, but that can easily be obtained. So it's almost normal to me.

I like it when it is natural or at least mostly natural because all those things are popular and seen as beautiful by the media so you see alot girls trying to have those attributes

I <3 Cats!
    TwoMoons wrote: »

I like it when it is natural or at least mostly natural because all those things are popular and seen as beautiful by the media so you see alot girls trying to hsve those attributes

I agree that the look is best on those to whom it was given, as opposed to buying it. :D

I have a friend, Dawn, who has fabulous thick lucious blonde hair, cornflower blue eyes, and legs to her neck. She's GORGEOUS...and the most down-to-earth person you'll ever meet. She looks way better than a 40-something who pays for the blond hair, etc.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I first thought of the character Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica (Tricia Helfer). She might be fake but she looks pretty hot.

No6.jpg
    ehLB.jpg
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i think fake and i think cliche.
  • Naveed00Naveed00 Posts: 193Registered Users
    I think it really depends on each girl. I have a cousin who is all of those things (but just blonde, not platinum blonde), and I don't see her as high maintenance...but superficial, maybe.

But when I see girls like this (she's from the show Momma's Boys)...

michelle.jpg

I think superficial AND fake. And not much else.

And I honestly find it hard to see past her appearance when she can't even see past her own.

I also find real tans (I would much rather have a spray-on tan than a real one...even though I don't have either) less and less appealing given the long term effects.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    sarah42 wrote: »
    I first thought of the character Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica (Tricia Helfer). She might be fake but she looks pretty hot.

No6.jpg

But you know, when she wasn't Caprica 6, just the dark haired 6 that set off the nuke, I thought she looked better.

Back to the OP. My first thought was: Depends. If it's natural,cool. But fake platinum blond and a fake tan. It's just too much. And played out.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    Hubby doesn't post here, but I read this thread to him, and wanted to see what he thought, here goes:

He said, "I don't really have an OPINION on them based on how they look. I'd need to get to know them before I form an opinion of them. Doesn't seem fair to base an opinion just on how someone looks."
    :rambo:
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Depends of whether it all (or most of it) looks fake or not. If it does, I think both "ew" and "high maintenance." If it looks natural, I think... b tch, stop being prettier than me.

Just kidding. Kind of.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    Depends of whether it all (or most of it) looks fake or not. .

For example, on me, platinum blonde hair, not so much. I'd look like I owned a fine assortment of clear heeled shoes and no gag reflex.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I agree, if it's natural, it's ok. But when it's forced, it just looks fake. Pam Anderson comes to mind. I think she was pretty back in the old days when her look was more natural before she became so plastic.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Fake, superficial, vain, tarty. God how awful am I? That is so stereotypical!! If its natural then good on them- I guess Im just sick of women deliberately changing so much about themselves to look like they stepped out of playboy. It feels like today (with the media etc) only blonde (especially bleach blonde), tanned, skinny (but with still big boobs) are considered beautiful. I think its a knee-jerk reaction to that. Being short, overly curvy, pale, dark haired (and curly!) perhaps Im a little jealous!