Grr Boo Hiss!

TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Sometimes I think my husband is systematically trying to drive me insane.

Maybe it's I'm overly cautious. But I also feels he just doesn't THINK. I tell him, when dealing with Isaiah, you gotta think like your playing Chess. Three steps ahead.

So today, hubby is about to change Isaiah's diaper. He says "climb up." Isaiah pulls out the drawers and climbed up to the changing table. To my hubby, this was all good. To me this was a possible trip to the emergency room. The unit is very study, the drawers cannot fall out, but my mantra is "Why risk it?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

P7220015-vi.jpg

It is not shocking to me at all that although I am with Isaiah more, it was under hubby's wtach that he had to be rushed to doctors.

Comments

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I understand your concern, but this made me laugh. Sounds just like what goes on in our house. Men seem to be more laid back about these things. Don't know if they don't see it or what?!
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    You still change him up there? I stopped doing that because I too have a little climber and am afraid of falls, so we just use a change pad on the ground.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote: »
    You still change him up there? I stopped doing that because I too have a little climber and am afraid of falls, so we just use a change pad on the ground.

Yup. He's pretty still when he's up there. On the ground he tends to want to get up. Plus, I can't seem to change him at that angle. It's very akward for me
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dangerous practice. I think you'd be surprised how tippy any dresser can get if all the drawers are pulled out. It's not the drawers being all the way out that is the problem, but just the shift of weight that will tip the whole thing. Try it and see...pull them all out and just touch it and it'll probably tip.

I changed my kids on a changing table for years. They were much better behaved up high because they knew they could fall off. They were horrible little runaway hellions if I tried to change them on the floor.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dangerous practice. I think you'd be surprised how tippy any dresser can get if all the drawers are pulled out. It's not the drawers being all the way out that is the problem, but just the shift of weight that will tip the whole thing. Try it and see...pull them all out and just touch it and it'll probably tip.

You know that, I know that. I'm just trying to figure out why ths had to be EXPLAINED husband.

Me: Why would you let him do that!
    Him: What's the problem
    Me: REALLY!?
    Him: what.
    ME: *storming out the room like Charlie Brown ahhhhhhhh*
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users

why the floor? why not a bed?
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    That totally sounds like something my DH would do. I've started to write a few things that DH has done/thought of, but I'm afraid someone would contact DHS to report us for being too stupid to be parents.

Ironically, all of DD's accidents have happened on my watch. :cry:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    That totally sounds like something my DH would do. I've started to write a few things that DH has done/thought of, but I'm afraid someone would contact DHS to report us for being too stupid to be parents.

Ironically, all of DD's accidents have happened on my watch. :cry:

I erased this part of my post: When my 2 year old needed to get stitches and when my other daughter fell out of the high chair (yes, she was buckled) it was on my watch.
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, I think most of the big accidents have been on my watch too -- split lip, multiple falls down the stairs, goose eggs.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    rainshower wrote: »

Because he stands on the bed, bounces and does dives. He is a VERY spirited baby, LOL. By 3 or 4 months he would roll off the bed.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    PhDCow wrote: »
    Yeah, I think most of the big accidents have been on my watch too -- split lip, multiple falls down the stairs, goose eggs.

That's just because we watch them more!

We've actually bolted all of Karan's furniture to the wall because I'm afraid of things tipping over on him.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    rainshower wrote: »

Because he stands on the bed, bounces and does dives. He is a VERY spirited baby, LOL. By 3 or 4 months he would roll off the bed.

we learned to have all the diaper stuff in reach just because of the bold. when we laid them down on the bed to change them, the wipes, clean diaper, oil, etc., were in reach to get the changing done quickly. what we learned that we couldn't do was put them on the bed, then turn away to begin to gather the changing supplies. when we'd turn around, we could most definitely expect not to see our babies lying on the bed, or trying to climb off it. :blob3:
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    we change Steven anywhere at this point. we have also learned to just be quick while changing a diaper. He likes to jump on the bed as much as the next kid, it is all about being quick with the change.

Steven has learned that trick with dressers also...I caught him on the top of mine last month...about gave me a heart attack
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Apparently men just don't think. It baffles me and drives me insane. My husband leaves things out ALL THE TIME that are dangerous. The other day, I found a huge nail! Hello, we have a baby that eats everything. A nail could kill him, or at least require major surgery to remove from his intestines. But DH didn't notice. :roll: And he busts through the front door when he comes in even though he knows D spends 80% of his time playing with the shoes rack, AND I've repeatedly told him to be careful opening the door. I think I'll have to put a note on the front door. Or maybe a giant stop sign.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Trenell, I feel your pain! We have a climber too. I'm waiting for him to discover the dresser drawers/ladder idea. Ugh. DH is much more lax than I am too.

We haven't used a changing table since he started rolling. He's way too active and curious. I find our bed to be at a bad angle for my back to change, so we use the floor, most of the time.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file