Emu oil...

frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am going to a vitamin shop today and am wondering what defines what "good" emu is.... I would love buy some.....

TIA!
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    frxncrls wrote: »
    I am going to a vitamin shop today and am wondering what defines what "good" emu is.... I would love buy some.....

TIA!

Smell it and feel it if you can. IMO, too many emu oils are gross...like chicken fat. I really only like the "Ultra" emu made by LBProcessors.com. It's truly and consistently perfect...creamy, non-separating, and odor-free. This site is the cheapest place I've found to buy it (they take off 20% of the listed price at checkout):

http://skincarecentral.biz/ultra-emu.html
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte

TIA!

Smell it and feel it if you can. IMO, too many emu oils are gross...like chicken fat. I really only like the "Ultra" emu made by LBProcessors.com. It's truly and consistently perfect...creamy, non-separating, and odor-free. This site is the cheapest place I've found to buy it (they take off 20% of the listed price at checkout):

Thanks RedCatWaves. I assume that is best at night. Now I just need to find a moisturizer and sunscreen that work for the day, in this dry and very sunny climate in Colorado (I am actually a Philly native). I use PSF products, but am not sure the moisturizers and sunscreens are highly recommended...
    CG since 2005
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today

TIA!

Thanks RedCatWaves. I assume that is best at night. Now I just need to find a moisturizer and sunscreen that work for the day, in this dry and very sunny climate in Colorado (I am actually a Philly native). I use PSF products, but am not sure the moisturizers and sunscreens are highly recommended...

Look at the skincarecentral site for sunscreens. She imports sunscreens from Europe (where the standards are higher).

Ultra emu can be used during the day for a lighter moisturizer also. Just mix a drop or two of emu in the palm with a blob of hyaluronic acid and press on the face. Very light.
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Look at the skincarecentral site for sunscreens. She imports sunscreens from Europe (where the standards are higher).

Ultra emu can be used during the day for a lighter moisturizer also. Just mix a drop or two of emu in the palm with a blob of hyaluronic acid and press on the face. Very light.

I plan to order the emu oil from skincarecentral and just contacted them to ask what sunscreen might be best. Thanks RedCatWaves!!

Do you use mineral makeup?
    CG since 2005
  • Hermoineâ„¢Hermoineâ„¢ Banned Posts: 93Banned Users
    If you're not sure where to look, you can always try the following:

www.fromnaturewithlove

www.mountainroseherbs.com
    Hermoine™ (He really loves them, but i so :hate: my freckles)

Natural (Biological) Hair Type: Combination Hair Dry to Normal (straighties, wavies and curlies on both sides) XYZ
    Natural (Biological) Skin Tone: Type I/Fair (Dry to Normal)
    Queen of the Waifs (with or w/o this funky tan)
    http://www.onlinecliniqueforum.forumotion.com
    Do you use mineral makeup?

Oh yes. I have a serious MMU addiction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file