How to apply liquid eyeliner ???

a_cowens5a_cowens5 Posts: 45Registered Users
I can never seem to get it right...it's always sloppy and to thick. It's not the product, I have the mac one which is suppose to be good...
3A,3B ish...

Comments

• soulsalsasoulsalsa Posts: 119Registered Users
    This tip has helped me a lot, no matter what eyeliner I use. Cotton Q-tips will be your friend.

To get perfect lines, wet the tip with a little water. Not too wet, otherwise it will smear your eyeliner. Use the damp tip to straighten the lines.

Also depending on the q-tips, if they are too bushy, I will tear off some cotton.

It has definitely helped me even if I have steady hands, cause in the mornings I can be really tired. So cotton q-tips always help.
    Hair Inspirations: My Lil Sis/MIKA/Vashtie Kola
    3b/3c::.thick::.porous::.med-normal texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Red Raspberry
    Condish: BellaCurl Condish
    Leave-in: BellaCurl Elixir
    Style: Giovanni LA Natural Gel or KMF UM Gel/BC Gellie/SS Emollience
    DT: SS Deeply Decadent
    Trying: Bella Curl
    Color: Jamila Henna

"...there is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness..."-Ghandi
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    practice, practice and more practice.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't wear liquid liner myself, but I put it on my 11 yo daughter for dance competitions. I find the best way is to start at the outer corner and go inward and try to do it in one smooth motion, very thinly, at the base of the lashes. Of course, having really young and perfect skin helps it to go on smoothly.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It helps MAJORLY to have the right brush. For liquids I use a very thin and somewhat stiff brush. if the brush isn't stiff enough, you won't have enough control and the line will be messy. An artist's brush would work.

Here's a Mac brush that looks small enough; I'm not sure how stiff it is though: http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15083&PRODUCT_ID=PROD12697

Some people start from the outer corner and go in. But I start from the middle and go out. Then from the inner corner and connect it with the middle.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    There a couple of liquid eyeliners that have a brush like a felt tip marker. I found them very helpful until I learned how to make the line better. The one I used was L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner. Jordana makes one for around $2 but I can't get it here.

As phoenix mentioned, it's helpful to start in the middle and make short strokes like dashes towards the outer corner. Then from inner corner towards middle. As rouquinme said it takes practice.

BTW - there about a gajillion videos on youtube (makeup tutorials) that show putting on eyeliner.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i do what phoenix does - start from the middle and go out then the opposite direction. but i use pencils and powder, not liquid.

in addition to YouTube for tutorials, eHow.com has good instructions too!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file